Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up everyone.....finally got a chance to take a few pictures of my car with the coilovers on. I'm now running JIC Magic Coilovers. Dropped at about 2.5" all around, but have plenty more of a drop to go. Hopefully if I ever get a chance to trade my rims, I'll be able to go lower. Here you go....

This was right after I put the coilovers on....took this picture around 9 PM.

I was able to take these this morning. The front bumper sucks right now cuz of the damage on the front corner......Anyone know of a body shop that'll repaint the front bumper for cheap??? :D

Some changes made.....slapped on the bB emblem and took off the front plate.

Yes these are 2 different pictures :p

Close up of the drop. No finger gap in the rear and 1 in the front.

Enjoy

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment! The ride is alright....I have to adjust the softness a little more. Right now, the ride is a little stiff, but not too bad. All I need now is some new tires.

Can't wait to see how your ride is going to look with those MKIII's. I'm sure that's gonna look sick.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any rubbing issues?
Right now it's very minimal....I have to hit a dip at a pretty good speed to feel a rub. But that's by myself. I haven't really tried it with passengers in the car. But the reason for the rubbing is because I'm running stock tires (185/60/15) and dropped with a no finger gap in the rear and a 1 finger gap in the front.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the comment! The ride is alright....I have to adjust the softness a little more. Right now, the ride is a little stiff, but not too bad. All I need now is some new tires.

Can't wait to see how your ride is going to look with those MKIII's. I'm sure that's gonna look sick.
I realized that Falken 512's which almost everyone and their great grandma is running on 002's, has a really bad tread wear. Hankook makes a sweet tires, and the tread wear is way higher rated than falkens.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ayos, Pare! :) Hey, what if, instead of trading/getting rid of the wheels, just change the tires and add a bit of neg. camber to the front and back? Nitto makes a tire that's supposed to withstand up to -5 deg. of camber (Neogens). With my -2 front and -3 rear, I am now able to tuck 205/50s without rubbing. If I were to do it again though, I'd get 195/50s...

Check out the extra meat on the inner wall:

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Ayos, Pare! :) Hey, what if, instead of trading/getting rid of the wheels, just change the tires and add a bit of neg. camber to the front and back? Nitto makes a tire that's supposed to withstand up to -5 deg. of camber (Neogens). With my -2 front and -3 rear, I am now able to tuck 205/50s without rubbing. If I were to do it again though, I'd get 195/50s...

Check out the extra meat on the inner wall:
they dont make them in 195/50 at this time...........:(
i know, i was at the shop couple of days ago to replace my blown tires. to much camber. :eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Normal price is at least $1000, depending on which model you get. But for these, I bought used and got it for a really really cheap price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.