Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
dude dont be an ass ^ You wanna see who knows more bout this? I guarantee you, you will look like the idiot here!

if you really dont know, JDM stands for "Japanese Domestic Market." Aka parts you cant get readily in the US. Work wheels are JDM since you have to get them shipped here and theres not my authorized dealers. Rushwork taillights are made specifically for Japanese market. Have to get those shipped here. Lots of parts are specifically only made for Japanese market, so when theyre brought here, theyre called "JDM". Nowadays however, everybody calls everything JDM, when its really not. Its misleading. Just gotta do your research and look around. Frankly, its a form of modifying that many people dont get into. Why spend more for "JDM" parts when theyres okay USDM ones (US domestic market). Well quality is usually better on JDM parts and fit and finish seem to be better. Thats why I personally do it. Any questions, PM me and I can help ya out with further explanations.

Scotty

·
Banned
77 Posts
why do you make it sound like getting stuff shipped here
from japan is so hard???
i can get jdm parts shipped over anytime i want from
friends living in japan. or have parts placed in containers
that my friends here in the states have shipped over
from japan all the time.

so try not to put yourself on some fake pedestal b/c you
have a few jdm parts.

there are so many on this board that can just as easily
obtain jdm parts. and there are also many on this board
that go for the jdm look as well. it's not just you.

·
Banned
77 Posts
ScionScotty said:
parts you cant get readily in the US. Work wheels are JDM since you have to get them shipped here...
i beg to differ. true they are made in japan so technically i guess you
classify them as jdm. However they are a dime a dozen here in
the states. they are not as impossible or difficult to get as you imply for some
reason. one DOESN'T have to get them shipped to the states.
any decent rim shop will carry work wheels along with many other japanese
brands. and southern cali does have a lot of shops.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
dude youve lost it. read what you just wrote. you have to have friends in japan.... most people DONT. (i have a few though). that is what i consider tough. waiting like 2 months for them to custom make a rim, clear customs, and recieve.... i consider that tough. what about you? how am i on some fake pedestal? theres a lot of people with more JDM parts than me. am i saying i have some unbelieavle JDM car? hell no. my car is mediocre at best IMHO. and dont say theres many on this board that go with strictly JDM parts. i think theres maybe a handful that are hardcore about the whole JDM modding. most people are about big chrome rims and shitty fitting fab kits. thats my .02 on the matter.

and you just lost all your credibility with that quote about Work wheels. a dime a dozen my ass! unless you're a serious tuner, you probably havent even HEARD about Work Wheels. and actually.... you DO have to get them shipped here (unless you fly them i guess). maybe not directly yourself getting them over here, but SOMEONE is going to have to bring them over. theyre made for the japanese domestic market. i dont see why you're tryin to even argue with it. as for shops carrying them, maybe in cali thats true. how many are actually authorized Work Wheel dealers? theres a significant difference in carrying them, and being an authorized dealer. just so you know. now why dont you stop being such an ass hat, and help the noob. if you didnt want to help in the first place, stay the hell outta the post. here lemme do you a favor. i know a good place you should go. www.scionlife.com

visit. stay. feel free. this place was supposed to be more family oriented and more friendly. stop being an ass and help, or get out.

scotty

scionetics said:
from japan is so hard???
from japan all the time.

have a few jdm parts.

·
Banned
77 Posts
well obviously i did state that work was made in japan. so it would
have to get shipped here to the states. common sense.
you implied that one personally has to arrange the purchase and
shipment of these rims from japan.
i only stated this is not necessary as many shops carry them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
say whatever you want man. why dont we count how many people on this site are rocking them? its less than 1:20 i bet. probably more than that!

no use in even arguing with you. i dont know anything about these cars anyway. hell im some punk ass noob. xb2006, if you have any questions, please just PM me.

scotty

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scotty. thanks for the info man. I am new to this, and just didnt know. I was thinking it was a wholesale outfit...hahahaha. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
scionetics said:
from japan is so hard???
from japan all the time.

have a few jdm parts.

Why the F^$% do you keep coming back? Get lost, and stop starting ****. You have a friend in Japan, lets put you on a pedestal and give you a medal.

What do you drive? You have nothing on your profile, whats the big reason for that? Come here talk alot of ****, for all I know you probably drive a Geo Prism.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
first off props to scotty for saying ass hat! i use that all the time and peeps are like wtf is and ass hat. and i thought xb2006 might be thinking it was a brand of parts or a dealer i just wasn't too sure and didn't want to be a jerk by trying to point the obvious that i was a style and not a place to buy parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.