Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
sorry to hurt anyone here, but your going to have one problem with the install...is it possible?? yes...however, the american gauges are all electronic, the JDM gauges are manual, only thing thats stopped me from doing it for 2 years now :(

like say, its been done before, but from what i've been told, the wiring is a nightmare!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
What is to stop someone from getting the guage face and just swapping that? That was gonna be my plan. To get the JDM Km/H gauge face, and just put that in. If that didnt work, I was just gonna get the FDC old style gauge face, but Id rather have the OEM looking JDM one.

Interesting. I thought Jeremy was gonna rock one down there. Do you know what happend with that?

Scotty

·
Registered
212 Posts
he was going to do the same thing, but from whate i've heard (which yes, i can't personally vouch) you couldn't just switch the faces, but honestly don't know why.....and actually, i don't know what ever happened to that deal with jeremy...i'll have to ask him actually...????.... :confused:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm working on something like that for my instrument cluster.

For those of you who might have seen my xB at the All Scion Show 3.0 I already did up an old skool looking face.

Soon I'm going all out. I'll be doing it in km/h, the older style pointers like above, and generally a more upscale look.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
suspended said:
sorry to hurt anyone here, but your going to have one problem with the install...is it possible?? yes...however, the american gauges are all electronic, the JDM gauges are manual, only thing thats stopped me from doing it for 2 years now :(

like say, its been done before, but from what i've been told, the wiring is a nightmare!
What is the difference between an electronic and manual speedometer??

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Nice Chad. Well I sent a PM to a member who has a Km/h speedo, and just waiting for response for what he said.

scotty
Definately let us know what he says. I almost ordered the first guage a few weeks ago, but now I'm glad I didn't. It's probably one of the best guage faces I've seen.

Just a side note. The speed on the first face is actually shown in mph on the face. km/h is printed smaller below the mph.

This is what the description says translated:

Speedometer with AT Indicator

Please Contact

Speedometer for TOYOTA SCION XB in same quality with a purity product. Easy to attach with interchangeable assembly. *With a manual, you can set up without expert knowledge.

They're actually marketing it for an xb...not a bb. Might not have a problem with wiring.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Stay glued to this thread. I am nearing completion of my VIP/EXE style instrument cluster face.

I'm trying to incorporate styles from the art-deco period as well as older aircraft instrument markings and all that. I am also playing with fancy wristwatch styling.

Reguardless, stay tuned.

·
Registered
974 Posts
An electronic speedometer uses a vehicle speed sensor and the needle on the guage is rotated with electricity and an actuator or motor.

A mechanical or manual speedometer has a cable that runs from the transmission directly to the speedo and the speedo is driven mechanically with this cable.

Our xB's have an electronic speedo.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts