Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
'Obtainer' of JDM goodies
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I get members who ask about the wiring for the JDM fog light switch. I can never seem to find the original thread/post where I had first put up the info so I'm just going to put a simple thread here to make it easy to find from now on.

The fog light switch on the JDM bB has 4 wires. Two wires are to transfer 12V+ from a 12V+ source to the fog light relay. The other two wires are for the bulb inside the switch (one ground and one 12V+).

This first pic shows the switch with a simple diagram in the background. The L- and L+ wires in the center are for the light in the switch. L- goes to a dash light ground source and the L+ goes to a 12V+ dash light source.

The outer wires transfer 12V+ from a fused 12V+ source, through the switch and out to the 12v+ input signal wire of the fog light relay. As these two outer wires are simply passing a 12V+ signal onto the relay, it does not matter which wire is the 12V+ input to the switch and which wire is the 12V+ output to the relay. Which is to say, the 'IN' and 'OUT' wires can be reversed.

A close-up showing the wire colors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.