Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the jdm headlights, will I need to buy anything else in order to hook it up with hid's? or will they come with everything I need to do so? and is it complicated to hook it up?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well from what I read, you gotta wire it up yourself since theres no running light on bBs and you can have a driving light (from what I understand. I still dont get it all. Theres too many JDM lights for me to get them all straight) You will have to wire yourself though. As long as you have the HID bulbs, the ignitors, the ballasts, and the actual light housings, I cant think of anything you're missing. Just gotta wire that shiz up. I think it would be cool however, to get a set of the OEM HIDs from the X version of the bB and run those. Only a handful of sets I know are in the US. Only bad news, is you better have a 1000 to drop.

scotty

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have the first gen bB headlights, basically you do have to make your own harness, but keep in mind, to wire them the way they work in japan, when your parking lights are on, the running light is on, not the side american parking lights, it only took me about 10 minutes to wire mine up nice and clean with female connectors, shrink wrap and some solder, if you need any help, lemme know ;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I would get the OEM HID lites form the "x" and "z" edition bB's. You'll have the right cutoff too. Do your research.

·
Registered
869 Posts
just buy a set of hid's that fit your car so you dont have to ghetto rig your ****. then that way you wont have to worry about it....i have the 6000k hid's in projectors they are very nice...:cool: my 2 babys 049.jpg

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Making your own harness isn't ghetto rigging...

·
Registered
67 Posts
the OEM HID's you'll need to wire up both high beam and low beam. it isn't hard to get or make your own conversion harness. you will also need to wire up the turn signal (which is a running light on the US headlight). i've got mine wired up as a running light. the original Japanese running light I've got as my turn signal.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i was wondering whats the difference between the jdm headlights and usdm headlights? and if so can someone post a picture of them please. sorry for the newbie reply

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Running light would be the city light in a JDM light. OEM HID are going for 400 to 800 depending on how much of the light you want. Only the light is 400. you'll needs bulbs and harness otherwise. Pricey for me for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.