Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
^^^ I have heard that they allow the electronics work better, I.E. brighter lights, better sounding stereo, smoother idle, even smoother shifts on the auto tranny. I don't have them so I can't say first hand, but have been wanting to put them on for some time. Not for a power increase, but it certainly won't take away power...As far as ADDING HP, I seriously doubt it.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
if they are 8 gauge, don't bother. You need at least 4 gauge wires for a good grounding loop.

I had an article on "the big 3" when I made the loop for the Matrix. I'll have to search it out.

I used 4 gauge on the Matrix and the hesadlight didn't dim at night when I rolled all four windows up. I used 8 gauge on the xB and the only improvement I saw was in idle.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I was looking at those today! I am thinking of picking them up after I get my order in from Ranode and get my springs. I need to start working on my engine. It's a daily driver, and you can tell~! haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Think about it though...$25 bucks for that VS buying eyelets, 10' of wire, a battery terminal, shrink tubing, wire cutters and crimpers if you don't have them....Plus finding and cutting a plate, drilling holes, finding the right bolts and nuts to fit and have it look decent? 25 is cheap.

·
Registered
142 Posts
^^^ I agree. There is nothing like doing it yourself and taking pride in what you did...but you can't beat that price! I think they use two of the wires to make up one 4Ga. as some of you suggested to use, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The wires are bigger than the stock 10-12 gauge wires. Route them to the transmission, both sides of the strut towers (you'll see white wires w/black stripes), the wire at the left headlight (that's an important ground), the alternator, the engine block and engine head. The wires aren't long enough to go into the passenger compartment but if they were you'd want one on the driver side kick panel. I hid my set under the battery, and routed the wires to the correct locations. You can see them if you're looking for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.