Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yeah, the reason i asked is because my bro used to have a Civic and he got a bumper that is from Japan and it includes the bumper pole on the left side. what so cool about it is that he could make it go up and down automatically.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
it helps you locate the curb when you're parking. Jay (pumpkinbox) i believe might have one, and i know wayne (suspended) does. pretty cool when theyre automatic. not so much a fan of the manual ones.

scotty

·
Registered
168 Posts
there are two versions - kinda.

there is the off the shelf type that's really just what it says it is. A Parking POLE. It's just out, all the time. Normally they are a one size fits all deal.

the second version is the OEM style and they are usually model specific. (i.e. - if you want a parking pole for a Toyota bB, you use one made for a bB specifically). The OEM Toyota bB version is retractable, just like a radio antenna and is controlled from a rocker switch on the dash.

If you have a USDM car - then the pole would go on the right (passenger) side. So, the placement is correct in the photo. It's not 1005% 'authentic' JDM style, but the car is LHD - and it would be an even bigger visual mistake to place it in the original JDM spot (so... ya gotta pick the lessor of two wrongs).

(the old pic is just to show what the other style looks like - not a thread jack)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.