Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, I went to put my windows down and the right rear is stuck! Neither the drivers switch or the switch in back have any affect. The window lock is off too. Has anybody else had a problem with the power windows?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
...hope you are still in warranty...

No problems that I've heard of on these, yet - other than yours. :(

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I was going to put 3rd, but then thought about the story I heard earlier today of another person's not working.

so 4th

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
So it's, uh, 1nd, 2st, 3th and 4rd, right? :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey man i had the same window problem and it was the motor. The dealer replaced it under warranty along with my clutch due to chatter.

Good Luck!!!!

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still in warranty, I'm going to the dealer later this week.

Tomas, that's some funny stuff. It's hard to type when giggling

·
Registered
93 Posts
HAHAHA. I just can't stop laughing at that one. Ok, my point here, one of the members in my club is having the same issue with the same window. When she took it to the dealership to have them look at it, it started working and it has worked since then. But they did say that a couple other people have had the same issue.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
goldenarches69 said:
hey man i had the same window problem and it was the motor. The dealer replaced it under warranty along with my clutch due to chatter.

Good Luck!!!!
Was this a problem with the 06 models??
My clutch seems kind of weird, Can you explain more on your clutch issue??
I only have 300 miles on my car so I just trying to figure out all issues that can arise..

·
Registered
76 Posts
My car is an 05 but sure i can elaborate. My clutch made this little chattering sound while engaged. I could notice it while driving at pretty much any speed. Try driving through a parking garage and you will DEF notice a chatter if your clutch is chattering. It was noticeable over my intake/header/ exhaust sound. But yeah so I took it back to the dealer and they said that my clutch was defective so I got a new one. Yay!! Its not a widespread epidemic but its good to be informed.

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My clutch in my 06 hasn't chattered. Hope it never does. I also just noticed 2 spots around the key hole on the passanger side where the paint is bubbled up. If I press down with my finger nail it leaves the indentation (kind of like when you did the same thing to misquito bites as a kid, or was that only me?) Anyway, I have an appointment at 0800 on Friday at the dealer. I remembered the service manager from High School >20 years ago, I think he'll treat me right...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with ScinergyKC and I also have that same window problem. It's like the thing has a mind of its own.....lol Good luck getting yours fixed. Mine won't stop working long enough to get it fixed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup I had the same problem once, I went to roll my rear (drivers side I think) window up and it wouldn't budge, I turned the window lock on and tried, turned it off and tried and still nothing. I just played with it a little more and it went up, haven't had the problem again. Very wierd.

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just picked up the Toaster from Toyota. According to the service technician the window was stuck in it's track. He freed it up and lubed the track. The motor was fine. As for the paint bubbles, they ordered a new assembly and have to install it when it arrives; they aren't respraying the old one.

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
toaster said:
Last weekend, I went to put my windows down and the right rear is stuck! Neither the drivers switch or the switch in back have any affect. The window lock is off too. Has anybody else had a problem with the power windows?
I've got my first problem for the second time! I just got back from Home Depot and the g.d. right rear window is stuck again. I'm just glad it is stuck in the up position in case it rains. This is really starting to tick me off a bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.