Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to find out if any other 3.0 owners had any speaker trouble? My passenger side tweeter sounds distorted I don't have a Scion dealership for 200 miles one way so I'd like to be sure I know what I'm talking about before talking to my local Toyota dealership. If the speaker is just loose how do I remove the grill on the dash?:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the grill off.

Unfortunatly I didn't find the cause of the problem was hopeing something would have been on the speaker making the noise but it seems to be the speaker itself. I read about a trick where you lightly push on the dome and it will buzz if the speaker is blown but it apears to be a sealed unit.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats funny i thought i had that problem too. but it was a piece of paper in my door cubby that was due to be thrown away. it bothers me for like 3 weeks then i found out what it was. i was almost embarrassed.

but hey while your down there throw some component speakers in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is actually in the dash speaker not the door one. I have the Alpine system that came with the rs3.0 package and I think the speakers are Alpine also. I would just upgrade but my xb only has 5,000 miles on it and I figured my warranty would replace it if it's bad.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^^Yep. Sucks that they're 200 miles away though.

Those Alpines are sealed like you say. Cool speakers too. They should be 100% crystal clear even at max volume. I know my wife's are. In any case call up your dealer and see if they'll order the part ahead of time so it's there when you go. Most dealers will be sympathetic to someone travelling 200 miles to get there. Hopefully they can help you out.

The Alpine speakers are not a stocking item so they would need to be ordered and it could take a while.

Good luck!

-Alex

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^Yep. Sucks that they're 200 miles away though.

Those Alpines are sealed like you say. Cool speakers too. They should be 100% crystal clear even at max volume. I know my wife's are. In any case call up your dealer and see if they'll order the part ahead of time so it's there when you go. Most dealers will be sympathetic to someone travelling 200 miles to get there. Hopefully they can help you out.

The Alpine speakers are not a stocking item so they would need to be ordered and it could take a while.

Good luck!

-Alex
I finally got around to talking to my local Toyota dealership last week and they were able to get the speaker for me and installed it today. It made a huge difference. I had thought maybe I was going crazy hearing strange sounds but the new speaker is crystal clear. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guess Whos Getting A New Head Unit Installed Tomarow? I Had A Problem With The Video Playing The Audio Only No Video. Then All Of A Sudden Video Comes Back On! So The Dealer Is Putting In A New Unit. Oh First They Didnt Belive Me So The Next Time It Went Out I Drove Over There And Showed Them. I Live 2.5 Miles From My Dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.