Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2006 xB which is Blue Onyx Pearl. I could of purchased a new 2008 but I really like the looks of the 2006 vs the 2008.

Anyway I am quickly discovering many ways to spend money on customizing my new xB.

I picked up the car yesterday afternoon and drove it home and woke up this morning like a 8 year old on Christmas morning !

Could you please reply and comment on some of the more common upgrades people tend to do first to their xB's ?

I have a feeling this could be as expensive as motorcyle accesories :)

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
1st off get rid of the monster truck look and drop it. Springs if you don't have much cash and coilovers or bags if you have a money tree. Then show off the drop w/some nice rims and tires.

Oh yeah, welcome to the club and please post pics of the new xB, we love pics around here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I would take some pictures and post buy my daughter has already disappeared with the car :eek:

The funny thing is my daughter said xB's were ugly but once she sat in mine, well she has disappeared with it :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Well Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sweet another FL BOP! Congrats on the toy, and ya better get pics up before the pic police find out about you....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome and its kinda hot outside for Christmas. Its jut Christmas in Mexico right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is hot outside here in FL, but in my mind since I purchased my new xB it sure feels like Christmas morning :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I would take some pictures and post buy my daughter has already disappeared with the car :eek:

The funny thing is my daughter said xB's were ugly but once she sat in mine, well she has disappeared with it :)
LMAO...I said the same thing to a friend of mine when she brought her's over to show me...6 months later we have 2 in the driveway.

Congrats on the new toy and welcome to your new addiction :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
citizen I will have to ask you for pictures now. (Its the law)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I have some pictures to upload but my file sizes exceed the 200k limit. Any suggestions how to compress .jpg files even smaller ?

Once I figure out that I will get the picture police off my bumper :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the photobucket suggestion.

I did not have a lot of time to take the pictures since my daughter had to leave with my xB (Of course she hates to drive the car but won't admit she really likes it )

Please click here http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/TomRaz/2006%20Scion%20xB/

Please keep in mind I just purchased the xB yesterday and I didn't realize how many mods you could put into a xB.

Besides the spoiler there are a couple of goodies under the hood

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to ClubxB!

As to your question on mods that depends on what you like. Rims & lowering are probably two of the most popular. Tint, new grilles, headlights, and tail lights are also good choices for exterior mods.

Are you interested in power? Now they don’t get that fast, but they can be a little faster ;)

How about lights? Sound? Crazy screens everywhere?

Sky’s the limit :D

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Welcome! As Overlord of the Pics Police, I have a few things on my plate for you: :D

I'd like to cordially invite you over to our small, yet unique BOP-sub clubxb gathering place, located here : http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/9335-woop-woop-bops-only-baby/

Next, I'd just like to say that you made the BEST choice in which xB to get, as BOP is da hot shizzle, and that's why you're daughter ran of with it. Not to mention she's probably blaring that stock radio to one of Fergie's songs.....

You have been asked about pics.....And you have delivered! Whew! My arm tires writing out tickets all day.. lmao...

My last order of business, with that whole....Car modding thing.... :D

I'll be one of many to tell you that stance is very important, no matter what style you wish to achieve. Unfortunately, some of the more mid-high priced mods (lowering and new wheels) are where you might want to start if you wanted to modify. If you're just looking to take a bit of drag out of highway driving, get some Tanabe DF210's. They drop the car 2" but you won't bottom out, I've yet to hear about anything seriously bad.

If you wanna get wild, definitely go with a nice set of coil overs. More expensive yes, but you can adjust your ride height accordingly to where and how you want to drive.

Sorry to make this long winded, but I figured I'd kill it all in one shot. As for power mods, you're not going to transform your car into the next beast on the street, but an intake and a header combo will benefit for easier passing on the highway - if you're so inclined by it, you can do a lightweight crank pulley as well, as that'll help a lot too. Since there are multiple drivers, it's up to you whether you wanna put an exhaust on the car - they help add extra hps, but it isn't much, and you mostly get more show from it, than go.

You could always go forced induction, but again, it seems there's multiple drivers, so that may not be an option. No, you won't have a 10 second car if you did either, it'll have more "spirit" as I'd like to call it.

Other than that, modify to your tastes if you want, and enjoy your extremely economical and sweet ride!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am going to do some minor changes to start with such as tinting the windows further. Then I may start looking at rims.

I realize there are many choices for rims and wheels. Please don't think I am a noob but what is your opinion of the Scion factory oem alloy wheels ?

Does it make sense to try and get a wheel that I could still use my factory tires on ?

What are some of the most popular model and brands of rims that people put on their xB's ?

I am sure glad I got the picture police off my bumper :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.