Scion xB Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So I figured it out.

Turns out that they gave me a cv axle shaft that was for non abs cars. (Pic 1) Even tho I had looked up the part, and gave them a part number, which I always do so that they don't give me a wrong part. Well I guess when they looked it up, the computer told them it would take a week to get in so they cross referenced the part number and ordered me instead another one that they could get in the next day. But I ended up getting the wrong part, kind of. So when you get a part in, just make sure you compare the 2 side by side and that they look the same. I did't do this since everything I had given them a part number, they always gave me the correct part for any of my cars. I went to Napa by the way in case anyone is wondering as they are like just down the street from me and can always have the part in the next day.

So turns out that I could take off the part I need (Pic 2) from my old cv axle shaft (with abs) and put it on the other one (non abs). It is just a ring that you can take off, (Pic 3) on the end of the cv axle shaft, the side that goes into the wheel. That is for the sensor that is on the wheel (Pic 4), there is a hole on the wheel hub that the sensor goes in, and uses that ring for the sensor.

Anyway, I take it off, install it on my new one, put everything back. Start the car and of course the 3 lights are still on, but I knew they would be as I was reading up on this, and it said that the lights would go off once the sensor detected movement, given that the sensor is good. So I start my car, and maybe drive a few feet to the nearest stop sign, and they go off.

So now that they are off, my car is back to normal and running good again, no lights or nothing :D

I hope the numbering of the pics makes sense...

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just another oil/filter change.

Sat 2/24/18

180,313 miles.

Oil: Mobil 1, 5w-30 Synthetic High Mileage oil.
Oil Filter: Napa Gold Oil Filter # 1394

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So idk why but I forgot and just remembered got 2 new tires, I had also bought 2 new tires a few months ago but for some reason forgot all about it to update here haha

Sat 3/3/18
180,4xx, since I forgot all about it and don't remember the mileage
2 new tires
Falken Pro G4 A/S

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Upgraded the Radiator.

I was looking for Mishimoto or Koyo aluminum radiator but they are no longer available so I went with this one from ebay that was recommended by another xb owner.
ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/J2-2-ROW-POLISHED-FULL-ALUMINUM-RACING-RADIATOR-04-07-SCION-xB-bB-04-06-xA-1NZ/382164012265?hash=item58fac00ce9:g:mj8AAOSweBFaoKcU&vxp=mtr

Installed at 181,250 miles.
J2 Engineering Aluminum Radiator
Zerex Asian Coolant - just what was drained from the old rad.
New Radiator Cap - Zenkei brand

Pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Have to ask.. Did you run into anything that you did not expect when you started this project !! Install looks clean and great !!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks! Nope no problems. But I had already replaced the radiator before at around 150k as I was having problems with it getting hot and turns out it had a leak, so I had already done this once before. But the first time around didn't have any problems either. It might seem like it would be hard if you haven't done it, but it really isn't that hard.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Done this 2 times before but back then they were bigger and Heavier than now !! With what you put in should last like.... FOREVER !!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Replaced the AC/Heater blower motor. I just got one from Autozone.

Sat 5/5/18

182,831 Miles

I had never had trouble with it, and then this day it just didn't want to work. I tried turning the car off and on a few times and nothing. So next I go to Google lol so what I wound out was that if it still worked on the highest setting but not on the others, then it would most likely be the resistor. The problem I was having was tho was that it wasn't working at all on any setting, so it could be the blower motor instead. I read that a few people would try and tap it and that would get it to work. So I did that, tapped it a couple times, started the car, turned on the AC and that worked! So I decided to just replace the blower motor. I also bought the resistor but decided not to replace it yet, as it is still good. It is still working good on all settings. But at least I have it in case it does go out too, and it's not too hard to replace. Didn't take any pics but it wasn't too hard of job to do. I found a YouTube vid and some pics of someone else who had done it before and it was very straight forward and easy once I saw how other's did it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yup. The old one was on it when I bought the car in 2014 off of Craigslist, and the date on the battery, was from 2010 so it did pretty good and decided to go with the same brand it came with when I bought the car, Interstate Batteries. Anyway, yeah, for about the last 3 weeks it took an extra second to start in the mornings and I could tell it was the battery. The funny thing is that I was finally going to replace it this weekend but it decided to die on me yesterday morning.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts