Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just called yesterday from a dealer. This is a 2005 toaster with 21,000 miles-- one owner-- auto tranny -- mostly all base except has spoiler and tinted windows ---with clean carfax report.
Dealer wants 14,100$$$
What do you guys think??
Should I spend more and get the red 06 or 07 toaster?

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
well my 06 was brand new 0 miles and it didnt have a wing and was a 5-spd. mine was $14,600. so i think that price for that one is a bit high and its an 05 2 model years old. buy a brand new one, you will get a better interest rate on a new one.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Are you not able to buy new? I got my 05' Base Manual, New for $14,399.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the quote (14,100 $)with dealer over the phone for the 05 plus 6% sales tax.
I am sure it would come down if I express an interest. However this is on the lot from a Ford dealer not a Scion dealer.
The Scion dealer wants 14,830.00$ on a base box with auto tranny ( auto is a must because of left knee issue--clutch won't work for my situation).
Price for 06 therefore is 14,830.00$ plus 580.00$ dealer prep and handling.
This brings the total to----15,410.00$ plus 6% PA. sales tax.
From my web searching and from your great help on this post, unless I can go out the door at 12,000.00$ for the grape color 05 Scion XB at the ford dealer a new toaster from a Scion dealer with the Salsa Red color that I really want makes more sense.
Did I just answer my own question?:confused:

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
^Yes you did:D :D You do need to figure intrest rate as well which are usually more on used. Also if you want the salsa will you be happy with the Black Cherry and with the used you don't know where it's been :eek: car fax don't tell you how well it was cared for. Dealers have them detailed and are good at hiding little flaws plus was it driven hard? For a small differance might want to go with the new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was just called yesterday from a dealer. This is a 2005 toaster with 21,000 miles-- one owner-- auto tranny -- mostly all base except has spoiler and tinted windows ---with clean carfax report.
Dealer wants 14,100$$$
What do you guys think??
Should I spend more and get the red 06 or 07 toaster?
Way too much. A new xB auto is $15,410.00 MSRP plus whatever the dealer gets for a doc fee.

A lot of dealers are overcharging for used xBs, which is a good thing (I guess) for xB owners, but I am not sure why they are doing it. Most dealers still have new 06 xBs to sell. Several local dealers use them for service loaners and/or rental cars and sell them when they hit 3k-3k or 3-4 months of service. One of them overcharges for the used one, another does not. The one that does not normally gets $14,500 or so when they come out of service - and that includes auto, wing, ipod stereo, pedals, forlights, b pillar applique (about $1k worth of extras). If they don't sell right away or have more coming out of service they will drop the price to under $14k. Balance of the full factory warranty remains and you can pay them ($500 or so?) to CPO them.

Your price for about a stripper xB with 21k on the clock is just not that good.

BTW, there is no "07" xB, the replacement will get here later in the year as on 08.

Dennis

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have learned a lot in the last few days.
I will get new 2006 toaster.
Anybody interested in a Hyundai accent with 200,00 miles?
needs new piston rings, gaskets, tires, exhaust system, cloth seats both torn,turn signal switch is broke, and both door handles are broke.
I think I am about due for a change in ride!!!

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Bought mine brand new a couple months ago with 8 miles on it.
2006.5 Automatic xB TCM with cruise control and floor mats for the only extra items and I walked out of the dealer w/ ttl for $17,100. I think base for an auto is around $15,400 for a 2006.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.