Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran my first tank through my box, and got 31.2 MPG. I did mostly city driving, alot of stop and go, and my engine is nowhere near broken in. I know for a fact that my calculations are correct, and it just doesn't seem like it should be that good. Trust me, I am not complaining, I just wonder why my box is doing so good on gas when I read that people are getting considerably less before the engine is broken in. Weird.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
that perfect everyone is getting 30 mpg

im getting 25mpg in the city...

Oh yeag forgot........ i drive like 60-70 mph in a 45mph Zone

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
getting 30+ mpg is normal on the first tank. i got 31mpg too on my first fill up. the best mpg i got was 33, the worst was 25...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
During the "break in" period I was getting great milage. Then I put 18's on the Box, changed the exhaust system to a louder one and started driving my normal speed. Now my milage varies between 25 - 28 mpg. I drove at speed limit without racing the engine at all and shifting at 3000 rpm for a whole tank and my milage went back up to 32. It's too fun driving this thing so I'll just put up with the lower milage. :)

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
bB626 said:
getting 30+ mpg is normal on the first tank. i got 31mpg too on my first fill up. the best mpg i got was 33, the worst was 25...
You're getting exactly the same as me. 30.5 to 31.5 mpg. The best yet was right at 32. City and Highway run the same; basically 31 all of the time. Worst was 25.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.