Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 05 BOP last week and took it to a scion dealership yesterday and the salesman said that he could almost guarentee that my rear bumper was not factory.if it is a kit can anyone tell me what kind it is or how i can find out.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you bought the box at a dealership did you get a carfax report? non factory parts are sometimes put on after an accident....other than that I know nothing about the kit used.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i got a carfax report. 1 owner only had the car for about a year no accidents. who ever had it put money in it thought becouse it was already lowered, looks like it had tv's in it, its got about $1000 worth of memphis audio speakers in it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
FYI Carfax is very unreliable as far as wreck data. It is worth checking but just beacuse it shows nothing doesn't mean there have not been incidents. There is no rule requiring reporting (in most places) to carfax of any data. Here some insurance companies report, some do not, and I know of no bodyshops that report any data at all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yep that is true.. carfax suck. all they really tell you is where the car come from and the smog check history. most thing on carfax can be founded on government website like smogcheck.ca.gov

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.