Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=200092569559&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

OK WHAT ABOUT THAT ONE? I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A GOOD DEAL, THATS ALL. OH YEAH IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A KICK ASS DEAL ON A PERRIN PULLEY AND IS WORTH IT IN THE END? I HAVE HEARD A FEW HORROR STORIES BUT MOSTLY A FEW MORE GOOD STORIES TO OUT WEIGH THE BAD

IN ANY CASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK, ETC..

THANKS

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Sheesh, no need to yell. They're all pretty much the same, it's just the badge that's different.

I'll be one of the many to tell you that the Perrin pulley is totally worth it. I got mine off ebay for 110 shipped. Might still be selling them at that price. If though, in the end you can't find em on ebay, I'd say get em from one of the many places that sponsor us here....I think at least ONE of them sells it. That, or the Agency Power lightweight pulley, which is the same thing....Only be Agency Power.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about the caps there, i was emailing someone before and didnt notice i still had the caps on, my bad bro

can you tell me the pro & con's on a perrin pulley or just the upgrade on a pulley? i am new to all this and would like to learn all i can

thanks

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
It's all good in da hood man. No harm no foul.

Ok, here are the pros on a lightweight pulley: First off, it's lightweight, so less stress on the motor, increased throttle response, 9whp opened up (AP claims this, so I take it on the Perrin as well) since it's not underdriven, you don't have to worry about your electronics being underpowered, and they both claim that it doesn't cause more wear on the motor (debatable)

Cons: Some people have broken pins, or had the belt slip off...Stuff like that. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I think it's user error; installation not done correctly.

Basically, it's up to you if you wanna do the pulley. I'm glad I did, and there's another 10 people on here at least who agree it's THE mod to do if you want extra power out of your box.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks bro, it sems that cons like you said are mostly due to wrong or install errors, etc....

where in the southern cal area cxan i get one and have it installed? or where on th enet can i pick one up for a good price i am sure i can find someone to have it installed

thanks for looking out

and just a little shout out to the tazz man, love the bags bro!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hey thanks bro, it sems that cons like you said are mostly due to wrong or install errors, etc....

where in the southern cal area cxan i get one and have it installed? or where on th enet can i pick one up for a good price i am sure i can find someone to have it installed

thanks for looking out

and just a little shout out to the tazz man, love the bags bro!!
I knew you would. Have fun in Frisco!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.