Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is There A Shift Kit

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  hotbox05 
#1 ·
Is there a shift kit available for the automatics?

#5 ·
Just put a boot on it and call it a day, I've never looked at the Auto's but it might work. It will look better.:eek:

#7 ·
From what I have heard, the shiftpoints are controlled by the ECU. Even from personal experience, I have seen this (won't shift to OD till a certain speed, converter doesn't lock up till 37 MPH, and so on). I don't know if there is a way to make the ECU provide a 'crisper' shift, but I definitely see a need for it in MY xB. Maybe there are some internal 'tricks' that can be done to provide this, but I don't know if the ECU will allow it.

Damn the 64-bit ECU!!! LOL.

#8 ·
Transgo has shift kits for alot of different apps. but this is the only Toyota application I found

A245E-HD2
NEW
Corolla 93-02
Geo Prizm 93-01 Corrects: Soft 1-2. Long 2-3 at heavy throttle.
Firmer 4th and Lockup.
Designed for Nitrous or Turbo Charging.
"Hot Rod, Street Show Off"

#9 ·
We're working on it at the shop this week since I work at a trans shop. I've already messed with the accumulator springs, droppping the valve body and drilling next, and as soon as it's tuned I'll have pics and part numbers. Have you seen my trans cooler, it helps get me over the Baker grade at 100mph and the temp is only 200F with AMSOIL. The stock T-IV boiled over and left me in limp mode the time before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.