Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to get a remote starter on saturday and the guy is telling me it going to cost extra because he has to bypass the chip in my key. is there even a chip in the key?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
I install for a livin and the Xb doesnt have a transponder only the TC does . I put remote start on mine with no problems and its a standard tranny with 2 magnetic switchs on the the shift linkage and parkin brake has to be pulled all the way up for the car to start.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
I dont think it should be an issue cus i have a remote start alarm on mines.. the guy at the shop never told me bout any chip in the key( eventhough they do have a sensor chip that makes contact with the ignition switch.. )

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
There are no chips in my keys.

If this guy is charging you extra he either doesn’t know what he’s doing or is trying to scam you. Either way I would use someone else.

I made copies of the keys for both my 2006 camo and my bfs 2005 flint at work. Neither of them have chips.
1: If they did the copies wouldn’t work and they do.
2: The key machine has a little drawer you put the key in to test for a chip. If its there you get a beep. No beep.

I suppose they may have put them in the 2006.5 boxes or the special releases. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No chips in xB keys - one of my spares is even a cheapo copy that's all metal - no plastic head.

Sounds like your guy just wants some extra money...

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.