Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my graduation present im getting a new car..Now my step dad suggested the xb for me becuz i love looks of retro items and im a musician so i carry gear around. Now i heard this car is roomy but i can believe it.But due to friends presuading me to get a fast car,i am confused. Overall im type of guy that just likes to cruise and listen to music plus have a car with looks.Overall if i modified it you think this is the right car for me? help plz?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dont let your friends persuade your in a decision you will be making. The best thing to do is go to a Scion Dealership and check one out for yourself. Im sure youll fall in love with it though... it sounds like the perfect vehicle for you. :D Check out our gallery section and members rides area alot of our members are very very happy with their xB.

This thead should be helpful

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/general-discussion/12-what-do-you-love-most-about.html

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
First, go test drive one. Test drive the manual and the automatic. There is a difference.

Second, "fast" is relative. If yo go too fast you get into accidents and get speeding tickets. (Speaking from personal experience here.)

Third, the xB has a ton of room. I put three Drill SGTs in the back seat of mine, and they are all bigger than I am. I'm 5' 7", and at the time 200 lbs.

Fourth, it gets great gas mileage and on, and on, and on, and on.

I love my xB and if I could afford it, prolly would have at least a dozen right now.

Disclaimer:
That's just my opinion and it doesn't necessarily reflect those/others of this site.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Fast is indeed relative. Prior to my ownership of my xB, I drove the slowest 1977 Ford F100 on the planet, so the xB seems like a race car to me. I certainly find myself zipping along. Thank goodness I didn't get the stick shift, because I tend to end up in 5th all the time, no matter the speed limit.

And I, too, have been in way too many really bad car accidents and received waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many citations over the years. So I drive the speed limit.

If I could afford it, I would have more than one, as well. In fact, I'm working on it. If I get another, I probably would get a stick, for the variety, and so my wife won't want to drive it.

One thing that sold me on the xB is the fact that I can wear my cowboy hat when I drive it. My wife and I both sat in one for the first time at the big car show that they have every year at the Great State Fair of Texas here in Dallas. I happened to have my cowboy hat on when I got in it, and immediately put my hand up to see how much clearance that there was (the answer: plenty, and I'm 5 11). My wife saw the look of surprise on my face (I can't even wear a ball-cap in her Taurus) and she said,

"Sold." She was right!

·
Registered
43 Posts
if u like to cruise and enjoy music the xB is the perfect choice. you'll get the look you like with the xB, looks from others and i haven't been in any other car that sounds soooo good with little modification.

be your own man and get what u want. if your friends like fast cars, they should get a fast car. you won't regret the box, plus with a few mods its faster than a great deal of other cars.

get your box and enjoy it. we await your arrival in the xB family

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
im a musician 'my self before my drum set got tobig for a ryder van i could have easly put my 6 piece inthere and my drums are bigger in nature with evan a few guitars and this car is a prime choice for music listining and cruzing

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Their awesome. My sister's boyfriend hated them until he sat in one and he was like, this is awesome (although he said he felt strangely attracted to men when he sat in it). It has tons of head room. I'm 6'1 and I feel tiny in the xB. My dad takes his friends from work in it all the time and you have tons of leg room too. And it's so easy to drive. You have a ton of room to put your stuff too. The back seats fold down and stuff. I'm going to put all my stuff in it when I move to Texas after I graduate so it has a bunch of room. And the stereo is so much fun to play with. You can put whatever message you want on it. Get one. The salsa red is a cool color. I have a camo one though but you can't get those anymore.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has said cuz I would say the same thing.

It's all about what YOU want and how YOU feel about the xB.;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Trust Me The Box Is A Very Good Choice Of Car Due To The 32 Mpg And The New Look Of It It And The Fact They Hold Their Value I Went To A Dealer To Get Mine Looked At And They Offered Me 17000 Even As It Is He Said He Had To Knock A Lil Off Due To The Few Dings But Also My Box Has 32000 Miles And Is An 2005 So Yea They Are Good Cars And I Cant Remember Where I Read It But It Hit Me '' Its Not About 1/4 Mile, Its About Style"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just sit in it and see.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a decently fast & well handling car. The ONLY time I have fun with it is in the canyons, but it pretty much sucks the rest of the time! Hahaha! But yeah. I actually drive the box more than anything else. I might buy another box, but with a 5 speed! ( ^_^)

Yeah. Unless you actually enjoy spirited driving (autocross, road racing, canyons, drag racing), you really don't need a fast car. The box has enough power for what it is & it saves a lot of gas! Well, compared to my other car. Ha! (^o^ ) <3

·
Registered
490 Posts
Insurance

I crashed a cherry Civic on 1-22-06. I took delivery of a white manual Xb yesterday. After costing the insurance company(Liberty Mutual) literally thousands of dollars, I just got full coverage on the Xb for $700.00 a year. I am however probably older than you at 48. Sweet car. The insurance lady came out and was inside checking it out and loving it. She just may trade in her year old Camry for one. She said she loves Toyota's and has always had good experiences with them. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.