Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock HU out of my 6.5 xB with color change, ipod, xm, ect.

Are these worth anything, here or ebay. If you sold yours how much did you get for it?
The wife got me a new HU for x-mas and I'll have no need for the stocker anymore after I get the new one installed.

So if you sold your post up how much you got for it so I know a range to put mine up for.

Cheers

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I know a lot of people go back to stock when they sell their xb's back to dealerships, I dunno if the radio has anything to do with the value of the car.

I have seen them going for 100-225 on ebay, but a lot of the classified posts on the usual scion websites the people have them listed as 150 + shipping.

Good luck on the sale, if I had the money, I'd take it from you, as I kinda prefer the stock radio look.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't took it apart but I'll most likely sell it with the oem steering wheel with the volume/tune/mode controls on it if that can be taken off.

Don't know if the wiring would be hard to do, but I want the money to go towards a new hub/wheel.

I was just asking cause I saw a oem on ebay for like 350, I never even thought it would be sell-able. If it is then that is cool cause I will just roll it into the box

thanks

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
IMO, I'd keep the oem radio and oem steering wheel around. I work at a dealership and when people come to buy a used car, they don't want all of the non-oem items in there. When you decide to trade it in, you'll get less in trade in cause of all of the non-oem stuff in there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO, I'd keep the oem radio and oem steering wheel around. I work at a dealership and when people come to buy a used car, they don't want all of the non-oem items in there. When you decide to trade it in, you'll get less in trade in cause of all of the non-oem stuff in there.
That's a good point, I know people will want the airbag. So I was just gonna pick up a stock wheel without controls.

As for the HU, that is not an issue. I'm putting in a dvd player in place of oem HU, with lcd's in headrests, or overhead. That raises the price of resale in my area.

As far as trade-in goes, don't care. I NEVER trade in to the dealership, they just screw you EVERYTIME!!!! I sell the car myself and get Way more than any stealership woud give.

I avoid the stealerships as much as possible, only go there for warrenty work only.

Thanks, that is a good point about the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.