Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I sell that brand @ my shop. I think the name translates to Vibration in English! (j/k) It depends on the size and the model you are purchasing. If it is a ultra low profile (for ex: 215/35/18 NS-2) It's okay. The government has a set regulationx and standards for any tire sold in the US Per speed rating and size. In other words, almost any brand tire that you get in this size has to pass the minimum government standards, thus being a decent tire. All though in my opinion, there are better tires out there. (At least that's what I tell my customers)

·
Registered
99 Posts
what model and size are you buying??

·
Registered
99 Posts
yah, you'll be okay. I sell those all day long and have no real problems with them. To be honest with you, you really can't beat the price for that type of tire.

Just remember, if you would like for them to last long YOU MUST rotate and rebalance them every 3,0000 miles and should not wait any longer than that. If you take care of your tires, They'll take care of you!
:D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Not sure Dtrain. Ive ran Nankang on my old 17s and they were fine. Im running Kumhos on my Work Beta 16s right now and theyre good. I give both companies a thumbs up either way!

Scott

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Not sure Dtrain. Ive ran Nankang on my old 17s and they were fine. Im running Kumhos on my Work Beta 16s right now and theyre good. I give both companies a thumbs up either way!

Scott
Thanks, Scott. I have the Kumhos as well, good tire. Just thought maybe since they're both Korean-made (like the Hyundai/Kia match), they might be produced side by side, just different names.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know that nankang is made by tireCo. Company. I honestly don't remember who produces Kuhmo tires. (It might be the same company.) Although, I definetly give Kuhmo two thumbs up. I have put many Kuhmo's on many of my clients cars and it is very rare when I have a problem!

LA

·
Registered
191 Posts
lol...it doesnt matter! I like the kumhos though...the Estcas?!?!/1(spelling) I got the 205/50/15's from America's tire....it was something like 60 dollars a piece withthe lifetime warranty.....have had them for a year, One caught a nail, and instead of repairing, they replaced it with a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts