Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
AARGH!! $70 to ship? Damn! I guess they have to make their money somehow.

I would doubt that fittment is 100% correct, but if you're willing to shave a few things and the TOTAL cost agrees with you, then go for it.

-Alex

·
Registered
354 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
I would doubt that fittment is 100% correct, but if you're willing to shave a few things and the TOTAL cost agrees with you, then go for it.

-Alex
i agree.. may not fit exact so may need to do some tweeking.. but it is different so if you feel comfortable then i would do it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its Polyurethane. I'm pretty sure it will fit ok. I dunno though. I've been eyeing that Bomex kit and I drool every time!!!!!! I have 4 days to decide too. Need more feedback. I really would like squirrel and Padanky's input as well. Thanx guys.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have yet to see one in person. From the pic it looks warped.

I know the real JDM front lips from Carson are around $330 painted, but I know there will be some fibreglass copies coming soon.

If I had my OEM lip kit still, I would run the JDM lip, now whether its this poly/abs, the real deal, or the fibreglass, it would be which oine fit the best.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think it would be Ok, considering it is Polyurethane.

I would never buy anything fiberglass. Stress cracks too much, around mounting area's.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Never seen that one before.........

It looks really good. I would agree also that if it's poly, fitment should not be an issue. Shipping is out of line imo, but the price is a winner for sure! :)

Go for it! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I just have to say this! The shipping is OUTRAGEOUS! Isn't there an ebay rule against that? I just received something that I paid 2.00 shipping for and the stamp was THIRTYNINE cents!!!!! AAUGH!!

I can't imagine that piece weighing so much as to cost that much to ship!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
I just have to say this! The shipping is OUTRAGEOUS! Isn't there an ebay rule against that? I just received something that I paid 2.00 shipping for and the stamp was THIRTYNINE cents!!!!! AAUGH!!

I can't imagine that piece weighing so much as to cost that much to ship!
It isn't the weight that is the problem, It is the length.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Well thats true but its still weighed to see how much it costs. I sent a life sized Barbie for fourteen dollars. lol I think they're just trying to find a way to sell it cheap and make up for it with shipping. JMO tho. :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LuvmyxB said:
Well thats true but its still weighed to see how much it costs. I sent a life sized Barbie for fourteen dollars. lol I think they're just trying to find a way to sell it cheap and make up for it with shipping. JMO tho. :)
Ok, now you tell me whether paying $120 for a PU front lip, that is basically indestructable for your ride is worth it, or pay $300 for a fiberglass lip that will snap if you fart on it too hard. I'd rather pay $120 for the PU lip. But I'm not gonna buy it seeing how its the same height as the stock US version. All that is is the new JDM lip for overseas from what I've been told. Not worth it to me. I know a guy who just had the Ken style front lip made in PU and he is selling them for $300. Let me know if you're intrested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.