Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
There are more than a handfull running 20's, haven't heard of anything bigger though. Ride will suck, it sucks even with 18's. I've seen people running 20's with stock suspension. You'll have to remove fender liners and make some room for steering clearance.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
There's a guy here in the STL who's running dubs on his box. I know he had to do some modifications to a few areas, with a hammer, to make sure stuff fits. Soon after, I think he put the TRD springs on the car, because it sat like a donk. After he dropped it, it just set it off. His car is the shiz and it takes a bit to play, but you can make it happen.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ugh, is it worth it?? i REALLY want 20's. but it is an every day driven car.. i've never had rims, what do you mean the ride will suck?? its already lowered with eibach springs 2" drop, will that be enough for the suspension

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ugh, i would love to have bags on my box.. but thats a lot of time/work/money/patience.. i wish i was rich. then i'd just throw some hydraulics on it

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
ok, well....In order for the 2" drop to work, you're gonna need to check the offset of the rims you want. If they tuck behind the fenderwell, you'll be okay, but I know for a fact that a bit of modification will need to be done. If you wanna do it, just do it.

The ride sucks because there's virtually no sidewall on your tire to help take impurities in our crappy roads.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know you can run 20x7.5 but anything wider and you'll have more problems. You'll probably have to shave down the seat belt harness inside of the rear wells. I remember seeing a black xB on 20's with a body drop. Looked awesome but impossible and impracticle to drive... strictly show.

The ride will suck because there won't be much of a sidewall on your rims. If you hit a bump, there is practically nothing to absorb the shock. One of the major reasons I didn't go any bigger than 18's.

To answer the original question, I don't think it is impractical to put 20's on an xB, but I do think it's impractical to put 20's on an xB for a daily driver.

If you can pull it off, I would LOVE to see it though. If I had 20's I wouldn't even drop it, I'd ride high. But hey, the box is about creativity. Make it something that your proud of and happy to drive.

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
yo ive got 20s on mine the ride doesn't suck yeah you feel all the bumps in the road but as long as you dont drive like an ass u wont have a problem with the ride.. as far as the mod you need to trim where the fender well and sideskirt meet and a little bit of sanding as soon as i can i'll put up a pic and show and i dont recommend dropping it cause then you'll start screwing the camber and end up buy new tires every couple of months (depending on driving style) but oh yeah its worth it it set the box off a lot looks real nice

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome! I'd love to see some pics! I've seen it done on show cars that roll straight off and on a trailer but never to a daily driver. I bet those wheel wells are totally filled...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 20's on mine. Mine is dropped 2 inches as well. You have to knock in the back of the front fender well in about an inch and the tow hooks just a little. The tow hooks probably need to be knocked in more if you go wider than 7.5 inches. You also need to go with a 30 series tire which makes the ride a little rough, but you gotta pay to play baby.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 20's on mine. Mine is dropped 2 inches as well. You have to knock in the back of the front fender well in about an inch and the tow hooks just a little. The tow hooks probably need to be knocked in more if you go wider than 7.5 inches. You also need to go with a 30 series tire which makes the ride a little rough, but you gotta pay to play baby.
Check out tire-easy.com perrelli pzero 225/30/20 $105 a tire and$20 shipping all day long

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome! I'd love to see some pics! I've seen it done on show cars that roll straight off and on a trailer but never to a daily driver. I bet those wheel wells are totally filled...
as soon as i get the pics i'll put them up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts