Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so is it possible to get a bb here in the states?? and if so then does anyone on here know what the total cost would be after getting it shipped and everything???

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're talking about a genuine right-hand wheel bB from Japan, I would probably say nearly impossible without having a ton of credentials why.

Not merely the wrong side of the steering wheel, but more like the emissions, safety and other things under the hood.. that's the issue.

Besides checking with the NHTSA and other agencies for the legal matters, shipping it could cost more than a thousand dollars.. maybe even a few.

But that's just my guess.. nice thinking, though. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well an old friend that i use to run around with back in indy had a true type r integra, still right hand drice and everything still written in japanese. some how his dad got it for him brand new and they got it titled and everything.

so some how it has to be possible, im just curious as to how and how much.

i would be totaly interested if it could be done for the right price!!! lol

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Go to Mexico, but it there, title and liscense it there and drive it to the states. :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I am currently working on one, but am running into problems getting it street legal with exhaust and intake........I can get it here, but can I drive it. Shhhh dont tell any one.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not quite. It still has to pass all of the epa testing and sorts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Uncle in Florida bought a Mercedes Smart car about 3 years ago, before they were available & legal in the US. He bought it in Europe dissasebled, shipped it here, then reassembled it & had it licensed as a kit car. I'm sure there are restrictions on milage per year it can be driven, like a licensed collector's vehicle, but he's had no legal trouble so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well in indiana and kentucky there is no smog or emissions testing anymore. i know that if you buy a totaled vehicle and rebuild it you just have to have a sherriff inspect it to retitle and plate it. last one i did, the sheriff comes out and has me start it and the says " yeah its a car and it runs all right, here ya go" and handed me the paperwork.

so now im just back to how do i get it here and how much will it cost. scions are not sold in mexico come to find out after doing some research, so now i just have to figure out how to get one here.

anyone aware of what they cost over in japan???? im sure i can find out about shipping.

·
Registered
612 Posts
evilcw311 said:
well an old friend that i use to run around with back in indy had a true type r integra, still right hand drice and everything still written in japanese. some how his dad got it for him brand new and they got it titled and everything.
How did he pay toll? or order drive-thru? :D

The bB and xB are practically identical, so what the point other than JDM bragging rights? I think if you were to import a bB, you should get an Open Deck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
from looking at the pictures of the new bb they dont look anything like our xb. or maybe im looking at something else on here.

ive seen lots of pics from japan on here of the new bb and its totally different from our xb.

that is what im wanting, i have no desire for jdm bragging rights, i just want the bodystyle and interior. i have a toy for the weekends, this would just be for everyday driving fun and to customize!! lol

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
an open deck is like the hummer pickup.....but smaller, sexier...and a bB :)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
evilcw311 said:
so its available in mexico??? i was not aware of that!!
It's not in Mexico but it's alot easier to import cars there from foreign countries. And it's cheaper. Also, if you title it and get tags in Mexico it's completely legal in America. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
caden_stargate said:
It's not in Mexico but it's alot easier to import cars there from foreign countries. And it's cheaper. Also, if you title it and get tags in Mexico it's completely legal in America. :D
It doesn't work that way but that is wishful thinking.

You will have to meet all U.S. safety and emissions standards if you want to register and drive it in the U.S. it can be done but it won't be cheap.

I don't know specifics on what has to be done to meet U.S. emissions but I do believe Japan has alot more strict emissions laws than the U.S.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
japan has stricter emissions but they run clean motors. and use no emissions equipment at all. so you'd have to put us emission controls on the jdm motor .

if u aren't in cali and are in a smog free state u just have to meet crash and safety standards. if yer in an emission controlled state have fun.............

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No the guy working on it imports skylines and silvias all the time (if you want one talk to me). And he is looking in to it right now. He has connections ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.