Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I notice that when it rains, it feels like my brakes are more touchy than normal. its like they grip harder and quicker when wet. Does anyone else "seem" to have this situation?

Cali guys:
rain(n): a.Water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops. b.A fall of such water; a rainstorm. c.The descent of such water.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Okay so I notice that when it rains, it feels like my brakes are more touchy than normal. its like they grip harder and quicker when wet. Does anyone else "seem" to have this situation?

Cali guys:
rain(n): a.Water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops. b.A fall of such water; a rainstorm. c.The descent of such water.
Thanks for explaining that term "rain". I was going to Google it until I saw your post. :D I have the same thing happen on my Blazer. When the disks are wet they grab quicker, I think it's a good thing personally. ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought maybe i was crazy the first time, but it rained yesterday. Its like i'm hitting the brakes hard when i'm actually easing on them.

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
I noticed that they grip better only during the first stop following a rain. That is, I think all of the thin layer of oxidation on the rotors that develops overnight improves braking. After the first use, the roughness and extra friction it provides against the pads has worn off; then I notice no difference.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
On those occasions when my brakes dry out, I DO notice they don't work quite as well as normal, but it is not enough of a difference to, uh, make a difference... :)

(Yes, I DO live in the Seattle area - why do you ask? :D )

Tomas

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Mine have done it a few times, don't remember if it had been raining at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.