Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone feeling this chrome bumper trim that I see on ebay? I bought it but haven't received it yet. I wasn't really feeling the way it looks on the front, but I did like how it looked on the rear bumper. Do you think it would look stupid to just have it on the rear and not the front?

Attachments

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
All I can say is to each is own. If you like it, then that's all that should matter. Here on clubxb.com, we can all appreciate everyone's individual tastes.....even if it differs from ours.

Personally, I think it adds a nice little touch to the car.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I’m kind of fond of the “touches of chrome” look myself. I think it would look good with aftermarket tails like the TYCs. I wonder though if it’s just the same stuff you can get at Pepboys for running around the door edges.

Post up ‘pics when its on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will. I don't have the TYC's, but I do have a similar knock off I got on Ebay with the chrome housing.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I dig it, and was planning on doing it at some point myself. To me, it really sets off that line with the factory body kit. When it comes to accenting to liven things up, the box is a whole new world of fun. It's not all aftermarket body kits and extreme graphics.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just about any autoparts store sells it,It comes in 20' rolls for about $12 I did it on the window moulding.Pep Boys has 3 differend width.

Scott

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It can also be used to pull off a really nice two tone...

Or just to add a nice accent strip in a more unconventional location...

Of course the Garson car is part of the body kit and integrated into recessed body lines.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have a kit I will be installing once it gets warmer out. The strips have rounded finished ends and are tuely stainless steel, not chromes plastic.

I'll post pics when I get the stuff on my ride.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Can some of you post more shots of how you used this on the interior & exterior?
(I like what I've been seeing so far.)

I’ve been considering doing this for awhile now.

BTW how hard is it to remove?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
3m sticky tape. Real easy to remove.

Heres a half ass picture that doesnt show it well, but I have it around my shifter surround there. I also have it on the window molding there. Im also adding some to the dash soon with my next mod!

scotty

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
I think it will flow with chrome taillight garnish. Will be even better if you got chrome door handles. There is also a grill with a chrome stripe across. As long as it matches rims, exhaust. I think it is a nice VIP or Old School touch.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Sid's is the most original TCM i've seen. It really went a totally different route and is a great example that most anything works well as long as it is tied together and done tastefully.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice and subtle. I think it will be a nice addition. Looking forward to the pics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.