Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking up my xb next week and the ride is stiff of course with the stock suspension

i was comtemplating going with air ride preferably airrunner as it seems to be the most reliable kit
i also saw a xb with 2 gallon tanks under driver and passenger seats is this doable with the airrunner setup

overall im planning on having a more luxurious ride im trying to smooth it out i dont care if its raised or lowered is air ride the answer or would different shocks be the key to a smoooooooth ride

thanks for your input - Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am partial to air irde but as far as airrunner goes it is probably the safest kit out. however i know people with bags they put together with no problems

·
Registered
296 Posts
If your down to spend the money on an air ride kit then I would say yes its worth the money! Airrunner has the most complete kit ive seen out on the market right now, plus its bolt on which is an added bonus!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and as for the 2 gallon tanks and the ride quality

can the tanks be done that way (ill find the pic)

and is the ride will it be substantially better or just slightly imporved

thanks agian

·
Registered
276 Posts
the tanks isnt gonna make a big defference as muchas valve placement. the closer the valves are to the bags the more stable the bags will be..

·
Registered
453 Posts
Air Runner is the **** if you have money to spare. You can piece together an air ride kit yourself for way cheaper. Plus why spend all that money if you don't care about raising or lowering? If you just want a nice ride, get yourself a nice pair of springs, and aftermarket shocks or get your self some coilovers with dampening adjustment.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^^ I agree if only want smoother ride and not worried about raising and lowering car get nice set of springs and use rest of money for other mods.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you aren't interested in raising and lowering your ride than go with coilovers. Bags don't necessarily give you a smoother ride. Factoring road conditions and/or low profile wheels can make air-rides BOUNCY! I hit a severly wavey blacktop (created by trucks) at the bottom of a hill doing about 40 and the box bucked like a bronco. I swear the rear wheels lifted of the ground. It was so prfound that my 3 kids sitting in the back seat began chanting, "DO IT AGAIN!, DO IT AGAIN!"

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Runner Suspension

I would recommend the Air Runner kit with the manual setup. When you run an electric setup or run with valves you can have leaks. With a manual setup you will not have any problems with leaks.

I personally daily drive on Air Runner on my Xb. Im also an authorized dealer for there product.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm the owner of the XB with the tanks under the front seats. You can use whatever tanks, with whatever system... it doesn't make a bit of differance. I have 8 valves... 2 at each corner of the vehicle. heres a pic of the tanks again.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.