Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about this?

What i was wondering is that how would I connect it if I already have my amp connected via a RCA adapter. My guess would be that i would need another set of adapters??

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You will be able to use this if you have the mini plug connector in your center console. If not it won't work with the stock head unit. The head unit itself doesn't have any connections for this.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
theappe said:
Yeah but the stock head unit doesnt have the plug for an amp but that why there is the adaptor. So will it work with the adaptor?
Are you trying to connect the iPod or and amp?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im trying to connect the iPod. What I was trying to say is that since the stock radio doesnt have RCA output I had to use the RCA adaptor to hook up the amp. Now since the iPod connector is connected through RCA jacks then I figured if I use another adaptor it should work. I was just trying to verify my logic. Hope this helps explain what I am looking for.:confused:

·
Banned
528 Posts
My previous xb did not have the iPod direct plug so I as well had the Adapter and yes I had one for each. The Ipod and the Amp. A neat addition is to put the plug down below the ac knows where some people place switches and such. I hooked up a spring loaded spool which would spool the audio cable back into place snug against the dash when I did not have it plugged in! Hope this helps:D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Without seeing inside the package or the wiring diagram, I'd have to say that adapter won't help you. There are no RCA input jacks on the back of the head unit. You need an input signal arrangement that will allow you to connect the iPod to your head unit. In many threads on this site and others in the past the only way to connect the iPod was to use the mini jack connection in the center console if you have one or to use an FM frequency setup. Hope it works out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.