Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I buy the Cable to hook up my Ipod to the actual IPOD jack by the cupholders, I dont want to use the AV cheap one...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If you purchased the iPod optional upgrade for your headunit, it should have come with the connector cable. If you haven't purchased the iPod upgrade the iPod jack in the center console is not active and you'll only be able to use the 3mm mini headphone jack to connect it. That cord can be purchased at any electronics store or at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
TRDXB said:
I bought the car used and it did not come with it, where can I get it>?
You're kinda out of luck since you bought it used. The iPod upgrade would have been much cheaper when purchased as a new option. I think it's about 700 bucks to buy it after the fact. IMO your best bet now is to use the mini plug and run your iPod in that way. You don't have the head unit controls anyway so you'll still have to use the iPod controls.

*Just thought of something...do you actually have a jack in the center console that says iPod on it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yes, All I want to know is where to get the cable to connect the IPOD to that jack by my cupholders, I have the IPOD Stereo upgrade

·
Registered
199 Posts
my best suggestion would be to check with the dealer... will be over priced but its where I'd start. then you could at least get a part number.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
TRDXB said:
lol yes, All I want to know is where to get the cable to connect the IPOD to that jack by my cupholders, I have the IPOD Stereo upgrade
Sorry, my bad. If you have the upgrade already you will have to check with the dealer since it is a "Scion specific" part. You can always check on eBay, maybe someone has come up with a knock off. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.