21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
that looks great... and that Momo wheel make it stupid easy to see

·
<3 my Box
13 Posts
This car is perfect to mount things on. Since the dash is to the side you have a perfect view of your device in front of your steering wheel without any obstructions.

·
xB Noob
15 Posts
Anyone else have a good iPhone mount? I don't like using windshield suction cups. Too much of a theft invitation. Autozone and Advance Auto have a few, but I would not call them very good. Most clip to the vents, which are not compatible with Gen 1 xBs.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got one. I'll post pics later. But it's a smartphone holder for my kids stroller. It has a screw type clamp that holds it to my dash. Works awesome.

Speaking from the Box of Life.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm going to revive this thread as opposed to starting a new one. :cool:
Phones have came a long ways since this thread started, and almost everyone has one these days. With the ability to stream video and music from these devices to our stereos their use in cars are as popular as ever.
That said, how is everyone mounting them? I'm currently looking for a way/ideas to mount mine just left of the "waterfall" below the dash line, for easy access to switch between music players etc.

Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
955 Posts
how is everyone mounting them? I'm currently looking for a way/ideas to mount mine just left of the "waterfall" below the dash line, for easy access to switch between music players etc.

Any information is appreciated.
i'm currently using a proclip, they have 2 versions for the gen 1 (one on either side of the headunit), it snaps into place by wedging it into the appropriate crevices and it looks like an oem piece. you can find pics in my build thread

---------- Post added 05-24-2014 at 09:11 AM ----------

edit: here ya go

the other one they make goes on the opposite side, closer to the driver. you get the idea.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is it width adjustable, or rotate for landscape mode?

---------- Post added 05-24-2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

Is it width adjustable, or rotate for landscape mode?
Just looked up the Proclip.. They're phone specific so it won't work for me, I change device's too often, sometimes 2-3 phones a month for this to be a viable option.

I need a universal type holder that can manage 4"-7" devices in standard and landscape mode. :(

·
Registered
955 Posts
I need a universal type holder that can manage 4"-7" devices in standard and landscape mode. :(
You'll have a hard time finding a nice looking universal mount. However, keep in mind the proclips consist of 2 pieces; one that snaps into your dash and the other that attaches the device to the mount. i'd look around for a universal piece you could screw into the proclip mount.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just bought a bendable "gooseneck" type holder, thinking be my best option.
Of course got it home and it doesn't open wide enough to hold anything other than a flip phone..
Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
18 Posts
here is what I did for my phone mount....Its hard to take a pic with phone in there since I only have 1 phone, but will try to get one with my iphone in there. And yes I can close it when i dont want it to be shown.;):p

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jess any more info on your setup? Ive been looking for somewhere to mount a phone for a while and was wondering if something couldn't be mounted there and flipped down when needed. This looks definitely looks like the right direction.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a simple dash mount holder and placed it to the right of the center console.
I've still got a AUX port on the face of my radio, and can plug the other end of the 6" cable into both the satellite radio unit I've side mounted to the center console, and the phone mount just above.

iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder
The sticky material holds firm to the dash.

---------- Post added 12-22-2014 at 01:21 PM ----------

That's a neat mounting idea!!!

---------- Post added 12-22-2014 at 01:28 PM ----------

Jess!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.