Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my last car I used a Arkon Gooseneck/phone holder to use my iphone as a media/gps unit. Very convenient and clean although I did need to drill some holes into the plastic.

I just purchased an exogear exo mount which seems to work fine but the only place I can mount it is on the dash board and seems kind of far to reach. I'm thinking of switching back to the arkon setup but would really like to avoid drilling holes.

Whats everyone else's setup?

Pics?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing? Anybody?

I finally hot the gooseneck Akon setup but I'm desperately looking or ANY alternative that doesn't require drilling holes.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 10

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up using the exogear "mount anywhere" base and replaced the clamp with the Arkon slim iPhone holder.

Pics coming soon

---
- Sent from my iPhone 10

·
addicted
3,978 Posts
subscribed. Ive got an HTC Sensation and this phones huge. I was thinking about just making a simple mount for my dash in front of the wheel. Maybe out of aluminum. More like a stand up phone tray I guess

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for posting up the pics, is this holder made specifically for the iPhone ? maybe my T-Mobile G2 can fit in that
It can fit any similar iphone sized phone.

I like it because the "suction cup" doesn't need to stick to a flat surface.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i had lowered my steering column about an inch and have been planning on putting a charging cradle there for my evo now that theres so much room. i just never seem to get around to doing it. maybe now that this thread popped up, maybe thatll inspire me....

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
i have 2... why not just get a sticky pad and put it in the deep cubby hole on the side of the center stack? i put my phone in there and i have 0 problems with it...

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
With all kinds of mounts available mounting an iphone in any car is not a problem. But that mount had to be posted here just cuz it's in the xB.
Sure it's ghetto but i always try to see a positive side in things:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.