Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these actually come out if my husband wanted to paint them?

The ones by the front doors/window I mean?

We dont think they do, but Id thought Id ask. Everything else seems to snap on snap off! ;)

{jmo, Im NOT for him painting these but its HIS box}:eek:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
yes, they just pop out.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG we've been trying to pull them out. I guess we have to try harder!! lol

Thanks guys! As always very helpful!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
of course they come out!

EVERYTHING comes off the car other than the unibody shell. You just have to figure out HOW.

Follow the link below - there are a painted pillar pics (to show it can be done)

Yay!! I found my new painting project!! I painted my gauge pillar the same silver glitter paint as my knobs so now I'm gonna do the other pillar!! {jumping up and down} I gotta new project and I hope to get it done before HIN.

·
Registered
198 Posts
you dont have to remove the rear seat for the upper gray part just undo the 2 bolts on each side on the black plastic, the ones you can hook a cargo net or something to and the take off the rear seat belt on the c pillar and pull

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pumpkin that is tight!! My husband was diggin it!!

Do we need to use anything or just pull?? Flat head screwdriver maybe??

THANKS sooo much!!!! You guys are really the most helpful!!!

:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
the front two pillars just pull off, grab the top and yank.

The B-pillars you have to remove the upper seat belt hanger (of course) and then you can just pulle those off as well. The are "kinda" clipped in at the bottom, when pulling them apart, you can see where they attach to the bottom black peices. If I remember, it helps to pull the door weatherstripping out of the way - which is ok, they're not glued on or anything - it's just pinch-molding.

The rear C-pillar covers are about the same, remove the belt holder, pull back the door weatherstipping - and should come right out with a little coaxing.

If you just want them color matched, then it's not much work. I would reccomend that you wash and degrease them really really well and then before painted, spray a good adhesion promoter (like "Bulldog") on the plastic, then prime then paint.

If you want the pillars to be color matched AND real glassy like (like the pain on the outside), you'll have to sand the pillar covers down first - that's a lot fo work if you don't have air tools. You COULD use a ton of primer-filler and sanding until smooth - but that's a lot of paint.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i think i'm going to wrap my pillars in dark grey cloth. the sem paint is cool. and as durable as it is it can still get scratched and such.

·
Registered
178 Posts
im going to paint the pillars silver and do the headliner black i think it will look good well i hope

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks goooood!!!

I LOVE Eeyore! I have that one with the same top one!!! :D

I really like that paint Darren cool!!!

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
I've got like 3 eeyore stickers on my rear window. lol . he's like the coolest disney character!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.