Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided that I need an additional overhead light in my box. maybe an overhead console with map lights or something, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
and if you call withing the next 20 minutes well not only DOUBLE your order
but were SLASHING THE PRICE TO JUST $19.99

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I switched my dome light to LED.

Not the one from Pepboys!
This is actually a little circuit board jammed full of LEDs. A little pricey @ $40, but I found it worth it. If you’re interested I could find the info.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
dude check out oznium.com they have flex strips of led's. from 4 1/2 inches up to 6ft! you can put these basically anywhere. i'm gonna do some interestin stuff with these in my pilars and headliners.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can always go with a chandelier and wall sconces like I did.

Scott

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Check with Randode

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not the best pictures but you get the drift

Scott

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have been pondering going junk yarding for another dome lamp. I would find one that has lamp and map lights. I want it farther forward than the existing lamp so I guess it would be best to find 2 of whatever they are and replace the exisiting lamp and mount 1 in a more driver friendly spot:). The type with non moving map lights would work well...older high end GM car used a few different ones... usually chrome but they can be painted or upholstered. The rear seat lmap unit I would mount backwards so the map lights shined in the back passengers laps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
umm thanks...i think...

and if you call withing the next 20 minutes well not only DOUBLE your order
but were SLASHING THE PRICE TO JUST $19.99

yeah andy...smart ass....
at least i got a chuckle outta the reply....

thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
always interested

Not the one from Pepboys!
This is actually a little circuit board jammed full of LEDs. A little pricey @ $40, but I found it worth it. If you’re interested I could find the info.
hey cool if ya find out i'd like to at least check one out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hey cool if ya find out i'd like to at least check one out.
Here’s the link: www.leddomelight.com

If you want the blue color call your order in don’t try it online. Trust me.

Here’s a thread on SL about it:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144653&highlight=

I’ve got no problem with the product. Site was kind of glitchy though.
It kept going buggy before I could finalize my order. I ended up placing two orders by mistake, they only shipped me one, and I’m still trying to get either my money or a second light out of them. Gave up during the holiday madness & now I need to start talking to them again. I didn’t notice anyone else having this kind of issue, so I think my experience is unusual.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Robert if you want your oh-sh!t handles done I can do it for you! If you wanna see what mine looks like just hit me up! Andy is getting his done as well.

Randode doesn't like doing it so he said he'll send all the local people to me instead.

You could always add another domelight up front in front of your mirror area. Just hit me up bro!

keoki

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
keoki, imma be ready to get those done probably next week. im sure well talk between now and then tho. ive also got another lighting 'idea' im working on. shhh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts