Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been off here for sometime...:( My xB is the handicap Braun Rampvan. Had some problems with it because it was the new kid on the conversion block and they had to re-do the whole conversion. Actually Braun didn't do the vehicle. IMS did it and they sold their company to Braun. Now after all the work, it is working real well. Makes heads turn when you push a button to open it and the rear end lowers and the ramp
comes out. Real cool !! ;)
Anyway, my problem is not having good lighting when you want to switch anything on the panel -- you can't see it. Those lights you can put at the foot rest don't help the panel area. All other cars have lighted switches but not the xB. Can someone advise if they have done anything to overcome this problem. :confused:
Thanks,
Lois - Deltona, FL

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Maybe you could stick one of these on your headliner.....:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
About four 12" white cold cathodes should really shed some light

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
About four 12" white cold cathodes should really shed some light
Yes there are several aftermarket lighting companys that sell interior lighting
kits. And they could be wired up in a manner to fit your needs. But I'm unsure
of which panel you speak of. Is it something the lift company installed that
controls the liftgate and ramp?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
If your thinkin LEDS, VARAD makes the brightest lights out

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
You're such a sponsor whore!

:D
Oh come on Taz you know I wouldnt recoomend somethign i didnt stand by. Ive seen all the other stuff and they just dont compare to the quality and performance Varad brings with their products

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Good to "see" you again Lois!! And glad they worked out the bugs on your xB.

if you mean me, the bugs in the box are no where close to beign worked out. Im still fighting with the old store that caught the care on fire. They stole a 1000 dollars of dynamat i got for a sponsors deal. they say its all in my car but i have seen none. Im hoping to get the car done by the 19th so I can go to the SE kickoff meet.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
if you mean me, the bugs in the box are no where close to beign worked out. Im still fighting with the old store that caught the care on fire. They stole a 1000 dollars of dynamat i got for a sponsors deal. they say its all in my car but i have seen none. Im hoping to get the car done by the 19th so I can go to the SE kickoff meet.
Sorry Chris, I meant Lois as far as the bugs. But that other "news" sucks... :mad:

*Hi-jack over*

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Lois, where exactly do you need the extra light?

If you want to improve the overall brightness from the dome light I have this in my box:
www.leddomelight.com
Here’s a thread from SL extolling its virtues:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144653&highlight=

If you want to have switches that light up to go in the slots on the center control panel check this thread out:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f59/5680-rocker-switches/?highlight=switches
(I don’t personally have them, no blue, so I can’t vouch for them.)

Do you have an armrest? I put an LED in mine pointed at the switches. I get a weird shadow from the shifter knob, but I can finally see my switches. I could probably get some ‘pics.

BTW do you hve video posted of your ramp in action? Sounds awesome. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you want to improve the overall brightness from the dome light I have this in my box:
www.leddomelight.com
Here’s a thread from SL extolling its virtues:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144653&highlight=

If you want to have switches that light up to go in the slots on the center control panel check this thread out:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f59/5680-rocker-switches/?highlight=switches
(I don’t personally have them, no blue, so I can’t vouch for them.)

Do you have an armrest? I put an LED in mine pointed at the switches. I get a weird shadow from the shifter knob, but I can finally see my switches. I could probably get some ‘pics.

BTW do you hve video posted of your ramp in action? Sounds awesome. :D
I wanted them close to the mirror switch and track off switch, left side of dashboard. In the dark you can't see anything there. In Walmart I bought a neat Dolphin light on the end of a plug you put into your cigarette lighter. It's a neat blue. I also found some small battery powered lights that are about 1 1/2" square that can go anywhere in the vehicle. I am a stickler about what goes in there and actually I was surprised how good they look. One can go on the mirror holder and it fits perfectly. All of those other package things that everyone has been kind to give information on will be good when I find them and have a this place I found to help with installing things do it for me.
Thanks a bunch for the info everyone...O)
Lois

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check this out, it's pretty cool. xB conversions from Braun

I like your LED suggestions too!!

(And Sid, I still wanna add that interior light set-up.)
I want to get a picture to ya on my conversion. It's cool. I love when I turn heads when I push a button and the whole rear vehicle lowers, the back opens and the ramp comes out. Once role myself in, I have a transfer seat
that turns with a button and puts me in the driving position ready to be off
in my wonderful conversion "box". I love it!!
Lois
Deltona, FL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for all the lighting tips. That one with the bulb just works great?!?*~??!!
Have a deelightful day,
Lois

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
To bad you're in FL, I would love to see this in action

I wanted them close to the mirror switch and track off switch, left side of dashboard. In the dark you can't see anything there.
I used flexstrips from Pepboys to light that area. They come in a two pack for about $30. I have one running in the space above the steering wheel (which lights those switches) and the other runs across the area over the glovebox. Here are ‘pics:

I’ve only seen this exact strip in red & blue, but I bet white could be found out there somewhere if you don’t want colors. I’m really fond of these strips because they are so slim you can’t even see them during the day unless you’re really looking for them.

That one with the bulb just works great?!?
If you mean the dome light, yep, best option I’ve found short of completely replacing the whole thing. And please, these are LEDS, not bulbs. :p ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.