Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interior light.

10K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  brianscionxb 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the interior lighting? The dome light is set too far back to provide any real lighting for the front seats as you are all aware. I dropped my cell phone on the floor and couldn't find it because it was too dark. I had to get a flashlight to find it. I have looked for some type of aftermarket dome light but haven't found anything yet. I have also looked at the various light strips and tubes at car places but they either all connect to the cigarette lighter or are the wrong shape/color (Who the HELL needs a blue lightup plastic dolphin sticking out of their cigarette lighter?)

I was also looking at the autodimming mirror available from Scion that has map lights built in. Any experiences with that?

#2 ·
Easy answer, you can easily add string lighting (any color you prefer) to the underlay of the seat, or run it by the underdash.....i had the same problem and had my car shop install some underdash and underseat lights, cheap, easy to do, and now i can see everything!

#10 ·
the ones I used were the 3-clustered blue LEDs and i bought them from www.svc.com (Lighting section) at $1.99 a piece. a lot of people have used cold cathodes but i wanted something different with a light-pattern once they are lit up. i just wire-tapped my cigarette lighter - black is power and white is ground. easy install.

#13 ·
blimey said:
I put one of these in mine.I stuck it right on the rear view mirror mounting cover.Not perfect but it helps.They run @ $10 at Advance Auto

I love these lights. I have several around the inside of the car. Made for a great addition until I get the courage (and it warms up a bit) to cut into the headliner to add something more permanant. I'm new to the DIY in the car, and I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it. :rolleyes:

Tarra

#17 ·
These are the LED's I used. You can get 'em here in diffrent colors too @ buck 99.

http://www.svc.com/lazerledsblue.html

Just find a power source i.e. cig. lighter and run a 10-12 feet of wire on each side of the headliner then just tap the clustered LED onto the wire.

Good luck.

#18 ·
great mod light pattern is a great twist instead of just glowing light. only one thing i would add is to wire them to 12v direct and fuse it. they are led's with a low draw but then your cig lighter is low fused at the jump. just a suggestion. any time you add 12v accesories they should have dedicated 12v and fuse just to be safe and keep any draw off your fusebox. hope i am not coming off critical. love the mod !!!!!!

#21 ·
Check out these guys. I have their blue LED's in both of my dome lights and they kick @ss!
http://leddomelight.com/
I have this and the product is great.

DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE TO ORDER. CALL YOUR ORDER IN BY PHONE.

Trust me. Especially if you want blue. The site is glitchy and people have a tendency to accidentally place multiple orders and it can be a bit of a chore to fix.

But the poduct is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.