Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any intakes out there that don't interfer that much with the OE foglights (I know there's the Perrin and Blitz ones but they are $$$)? I got a set of foglights and could barely get them in there with were the ydr filter is sitting. I'm still afraid of eventually rubbing through the wiring harness since it's so stretched and tight because of the intake.

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
buy some of the ribbed plastic wire harness wrap, its split on one end so itll slip right over the harness.

·
Registered
140 Posts
my ebay sri doesnt rub, but it is a bit of a pain to get in initially. I would up fishing mine up through the bottom of the bumper.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
go to autozone and get a piece of small diameter hose, make a slit down the side and slip it over the wires and things. it will allow for plenty of rubbing and bumping while absorbing more than enough shock. its like a dollar a foot. maybe some 1/4" bulk hose

·
Registered
325 Posts
My K+N Tsunami CAI clears the factory fogs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
One of the guys around here showed me where he just murdered the bottom portion of the box where the snorkel came out and pointed that the radiator fan blows right into it. Pretty good idea if you ask me, just hot air though.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
ive always been a fan of the Perrin intake that rides right behind the grill. run that with an open grill and talk about functional! w00t! but thats just me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are there any intakes out there that don't interfer that much with the OE foglights (I know there's the Perrin and Blitz ones but they are $$$)? I got a set of foglights and could barely get them in there with were the ydr filter is sitting. I'm still afraid of eventually rubbing through the wiring harness since it's so stretched and tight because of the intake.
I havent had any problems with my CAI Fujita Intake affecting my OEM Fogs. I just have CRAPPY LUMINICS BULBS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.