Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone who has debadge their box, i would like to know how they did it.. I look at it and i want to get rid of the hatch emblems. i just got my box a month ago and i dont want to go poking around with a screwdriver scratching my paint:( ..... i like that little box... so if you know can you hook me up with the info? thanks..;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Get some fishing line, put it between the emblem and the hatch, and kinda work it back and forth until the emblem falls off. I just rubbed the glue off with my finger, and waxed the paint. Took like 10 minutes for both emblems, and that was even taking a smoke break lol.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I used dental floss.?I'm not a fisherman but I do have teeth:D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I used a hair dryer, and heated the emblems up for about 5 min. Then I used dental floss, and in a sawing motion I worked it through the glue.

Then I used bug and tar remover, heated the remaining glue back up, and rubbed it off with my finger.

Finish it off with some wax, and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If the car is fairly new jsut use your fingers. That all I did on our RS3, I got them off with no porblems at all. For our RS1 I used heat and some wd40 to loosen the glue up.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used the dental floss method on a hot day and soaked the remaining tape with goo-off and wd-40 then rubbed off w/fingernail..washed it all down used a little swirl remover then waxed.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just to avoid starting a new topic when i get ready to do mines...all these replies are telling me that none of the emblems will leave holes right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.