Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I installed a pair of Polk Audio 4 inch two way speakers in the dash of my first gen xB. Took all of 20 minutes to get the job done.

I've got a pair of Kicker 6.5 inch speakers for the front doors.....will they fit or should I mount them in the rear locations?

Any tips on removing the front door panels?

The speaker grill is really EZ to remove.....

I used the flat blade BMW ignition key to pop the grill up......

The ugly Toyota speaker......looks lovely.

Got the factory speaker removed.....

A shot at both speakers.....found the Polk Audios in a wrecked car at the local salvage yard........paid 5 bucks for them.

A shot of the back side of the speakers......the new ones can handle 90 watts rms.

Got it wedged into place. It's a tight fit......not even gonna bother screwing it down. It ain't going anywhere.

This little tab wouldn't allow the speaker grill to sit down flush where it needs to be because the new speaker was in the way.........

So I busted it off.....

And the grill looks just like it did before the 5 dollar speaker upgrade.

Next up is the door speaker replacement.........the 6.5 inch Kickers were also found at my local salvage yard.....paid 5 bucks for them as well.........not bad.......$2.50 per speaker......total cost ten bucks, a little time of searching the salvage yard and now the front of The Box has good sounding tunes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They will fit in the front, If you want the most out of them i would recommend making a baffle of sorts rather than just putting it directly on the metal of the door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I'm a little late on this one but the front door speakers are 6.25" and the rears are 5".
For the front door you can use an adapter ring like this one Metra 82-8148 to fit those kickers in the doors. Disclaimer I have not used them myself yet but they are the ones I plan on buying to upgrade my door speakers.

Reviews state the adapters work great but they will need some modification (tabs cut off) to fit and the mounting hardware may need to be replaced, screws too long and washers too small. Ebay and a few other places have had them for around $15 shipped.

Somewhere I read they will also work for the back speaker location but I am still looking for confirmation on that otherwise I have yet to find an adapter for the back.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 11:55 AM ----------

I found the back speaker adapters Scosche SASCN656 not sure why I wasn't finding them before. These adapters would allow 6.5" speakers to be mounted in the back location.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My question is......Do I need adapter to mount new 5.25 speakers in the back or will they bolt in without any adapters? Replacements are Pioneer TS-G1345R coax

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great, Imuna go search for some then..................only videos out there only shows getting to them but not what was in there. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts