Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a Fujita SRI in my RS 4.0. When I attached the VSS to the provided bracket, I used the stock screw not knowing Fujita had supplied a shorter one. Well, like an idiot, I screwed it in till it was tight and noticed about a 1/4 inch still sticking out, so I kept tightening it. The darn screw broke through the wall of plastic and was causing a leak which I didn't know about. All was running killer and then the next morning my lights came on, check engine, vsc, trac off. I reinstalled my stock airbox and made an appt. with the dealership since I only have 2000 miles or so on it. After about 6 or 7 times bringing it to the dealership they couldn't find out what was wrong. They pulled a code saying "Small vacuum leak" so they replaced the gas cap. Lights came back! They replaced my fuel filler neck. Lights again! They replaced some charcoal canister. Lights once more! So finally, knowing I had overtightened it and not wanting to tell the dealership that, I broke down and bought the new VSS for $70. I installed it along with my SRI again, making sure to use the correct screw this time, lol, and all is great!

So, please don't make this mistake unless you want the hassle of bringing it to the dealership over and over with no results.

·
Registered
679 Posts
kudos to you for doing the right thing and purchasing the part that you damaged by accident. Glad to hear everything worked out in the end.

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
i'll pay close attention to that when i do my SRI wednesday

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Glad all worked well for you! Whew! We've had an influx of intake situations recently!

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
So the dealership was playing the guessing game all along. At least they didn't play it with your $$. But that shows that they are willing to just throw parts in and see what happens just like anybody else who doesn't know what they are doing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
When Has A Dealership Known What To Do Other Then Take Your Money, Very Few I Have Seen/been To Have Techs That Know What Their Doing

Good To See That Things Worked Out

I Do Have A Question, I Am Considering Going With A Cold Air Intake, Is There One That Is Carb Exempt? Or At Least That Is What I Was Told To Look Out For.!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.