Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay whats up guys has any one installed the 4pc led lights under the dash board and underneath the 2 seats. just wondering how i should do it
if any one has done it or knows how. thanks alot guys

Dustin

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm sort of in the same boat you are. I have great plans for the interior lights on my xB I intend on wiring them to up to turn on with the headlights and to turn on when you open the doors. I've got the relays and I've got my wiring diagram drawn out, well a rough sketch at any rate.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
First off, I would suggest going with cold cathode ranther than led's. The light is much better. You can mount the tubes under the dash and under the front seats. Run your power/ground wires to the lighter connection and tap into it there. As for turning them on with the headlights, you may want to avoid this since some police officers will pull you over if they feel the light is interfering with your vision. It would be best to have them on a sperate switch so you can turn them on and off. When you're done it may look something like this...

Randode is a great supplier of cold cathodes.

Check out this link for instructions http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29238&highlight=randode

Good luck and post pics when you're done!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I've got my XM running off of the Lighter. I want them to be on at night with the headlights, I could add another switch to shut them off if I needed to. As far as getting pulled over by the cops I should be ok.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i already got my led lights 4 pc so i'll try to hook them up. i am going to have to hook it up with a switch and fuse. i might be able to hook it up to the fuse box. i would like to put the switch under the seat where you can't see it but and turn it on and off. but i have to wait to get my xb from the shop.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Be carefull when taping into things. Toyota uses both + and - relays, (example: Head/fog lights are on a neg, parking lights are on a pos) you could f things up.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hay have any of you guys seen, you know the inside door knobs they are look like squares. where you lock and unlock. I seen on ebay that you can buy neons that look like the door knobs and they fit inside where the orginal ones are. i wanna find them again but ican't find them. do any of you guys know where there are or where i can find them.

Thanks

Dustin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.