Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say I don't know how I lived without the remote start. It has been well in the triple digits:eek: here in California (SFV) and it nice to be able to start my Box with the A/C kickin a few mins. before I get in and go..
This is a must have for anybody that wants a cool Box in the summer and a warm Box in the winter:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats what i said last year when i installed mine .. Nothing like getting in a cool car when its over 100 out ...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
al74dart said:
What remote starter system did you install and how difficult was it to install? Any idea how far away from the car the remote will work? Oh and how much was it?
I installed a Crimestopper remote starter. I have been an installer for the past 13 years so it was a very easy install for me. It took about 45 mins. from start to finish. I get about 1500-1800 feet of range and the unit cost me $60.00.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
For a manual you must leave it in neutral and you can by pass the nuettal safety switch which is down near the floor, hell if you wanted you could modify the switch to stay closed and start the car. BUT if you leave it in gear and start it, the car will MOVE and may start!!! Most shops wont do a manual tranny car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
richard101582 said:
would i have to get rid of the stock alarm or can i use it to or just install a butten to make my car start up cuz i hate to get rid of my alarm i paid alot for it at the dealer
you will most likely have to remove your factory alarm, do to the fact there is no way to disarm it before the remote start ingauges. thus casing your factory alarm to trigger. I may be wrong, but most likely you have to lose the factory alam...keep in mind you can remove your factory alarm and replace it with a complete alarm w/ builtin remote start. this would be a much better alarm and have great range.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Richard101582, if you go to the link I posted earlier there are many different models of the remote starter kits listed and info about them. I did not spend a lot of time looking at them but there was something about a hookup for the alarm system in some of them. My thought would be to check out the link and then contact the vender for more info specific to your needs. I have not bought my xB yet so I don't know anything about their alarm system. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol i got u guys to say mannny tranny... im cool on a geek at 3:33amCST scale.

i need a job to get a remote start on my '06BSP M/T freaking 214Texas...it was 104 today, and i dont think it was the high either

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think that remote start was one of the first things I added to my box. that and one touch windows, that way I can vent the windows via remote and let the heat out.

As an installer myself, I took about 6-7 hours doing the full alarm, windows and remote start. With everything completely hidden.

One thing that makes alarms good, is proper installation, and setting teh sensors to be just right. Also make the alarm as loud as it can be when it goes off. I have the alarm siren, air horns and the factory horn if someone sets it off.

There are a lot of things you can add to make your car more secure.

Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.