Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've did many searches for info on the other Scion sites and am hoping to get a straight foward answer here(the best Scion site). I have goldlines with a 2" drop and I am going to get 15x7 40 offset and would like to here from others who have this size wheel to determine what is the widest size tire I can fit without rubbing. I also want to retain the original diameter as close as possible. Pics of rides with this setup would also be a plus.

Thanks, Jack:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I run 205/50/16 tires with the same off set. The only thing that rubbed were the little wheel protectors on the tires, by 2mm on the inside rear.

corrected by a little grinding of the rear frame after using spacers( which were taken off after grinding)

Not exactly your 15X7s but close. Hope this helped

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I had tried a set of my friends Rotas when I thought I was going to do the Voxx Mgs (well over a year ago), and he had 225/50/15 tires on. Frankly they lookd REALLY bulky, but they did fit without rubbing in the back. I never did try the fronts though because I knew I wouldnt run something that wide in front for tires. I was dropped 2.5 inches with slightly rolled fenders. I dont think Id dare try 225/50/15 front and back. It wouldnt look good I honestly dont think. May I ask why you're going for such a wide tire? Just looks? If I were you, Id do 215 or smaller.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to fill the fenders as much as possible without rolling or cutting fenders. I am also planning to use shims in the rear to make the outside look even. I'm running Goldlines so I am trying to get the widest without rubbing or modding. Thanks for the input so far, I still am not sure if 205 or 215 is what will work:rolleyes:

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts