Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Sup people,
here i am again, looking for more power for my box.
As a former gsr owner i had individual throttle bodies on my civic.
does any one know of such a thing for the xb?
Shoot even a modified intake manifold.....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Motor FX was the only company developing such a thing. I don't know if they ever actually went into production or sold one other than the prototype on their xA. The cost to ClubxB members was $1700 without any sort of engine management. So even if it was available, you would have to purchase a stand alone engine management system as well.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f30/833-motor-fx-complete-parts-line-up

If you are looking for more power, I would suggest looking into a turbo system. Talk to Todd at Turbo Toyotas. He has some really nice kits available.

http://www.turbotoyotas.com

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
it wouldn't be worth it without high compression (at least 11.5:1) pistons and aggressive cams, neither of which are readily availible for our motors. The next problem is getting a decent engine management and not running the POS emanage. After that is all is said and done, you wasted a lot of money for little power. go forced induction or run nitrous if you want substantial gains

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
TK is right. You can get pistons now from the likes of Wiseco, etc. But primarily they are doing lower compression (9.5:1, etc.). They should be able to do higher compression though. Its just a matter of making the call and laying down the cash.

As far as cams, all we can get right now is re-grinds. That means essentially no change in lift and mild to no change in duration as I understand it. The only thing they can really modify is how aggressive the cam is with opening and closing the valves.

Again... I agree with TK. Either go forced induction (Turbo Toyotas) or save some money and go with a nitrous kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.