Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't kno toooo much about cars...but i've heard there's a few things you can do to increase the pick-up/acceleration...chips, intake, exhaust... i was wondering which is better...which is cheaper... harder/easier to install...etc. i would have 2 get someone 2 install 4 me... holler!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
As stated before, increasing the power in these vehicles is pretty simple. I would recommend doing an intake first, then there's a throttle body spacer (although there hasn't been a dyno run yet). Then a header and then exhaust.

I currently have an intake, pulley, and a muffler, and it gives me excellent highway merging, and some of the honda boys a scare off the line.

Just like the Civic, there's a lot of hidden potential to get fast, but it won't be cheap.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Perrin light weight crank pulley, gives the best bang for the buck. I would give up my I/H/E to keep my pulley. It's the only performance mod that I really felt. Others didn't seem to do as much as I would've liked.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^ I second that. But it's a more difficult mod to install. By far, an intake or an axle-back muffler are the simplest of bolt-ons, though the axle-back is mostly for sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.