Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if my trans is shifting differently or if I'm remembering it differently, but it seems that when shifting at a lower RPM my transmission "pauses" while shifting into a new gear. The transmission seems to love higher RPM's as it doesn't pause at all and shifts very fast over 4-4500.

I've never had any issues with it popping out of gear, my clutch grabs strong, and no gears grind when shifting (save reverse every once in a while.) Any tips for smoother low-RPM gear changes?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, I would bet my lunch that it's the original fluid in there... Who changes the fluid on a commuter car with a standard transmission? It's definitely on my list to replace the fluid with some high quality stuff, I've seen shifter bushings mentioned here and there and I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for replacement.

By the way, my car has never run so smooth in my 2 years of ownership! I recently got the A/C working again, and I'm still getting used to the idle adjustment when the compressor kicks on at a stoplight. Is it just me, or does it feel like the engine has less power when the A/C is running?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Oh man, I would bet my lunch that it's the original fluid in there... Who changes the fluid on a commuter car with a standard transmission? It's definitely on my list to replace the fluid with some high quality stuff, I've seen shifter bushings mentioned here and there and I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for replacement.

By the way, my car has never run so smooth in my 2 years of ownership! I recently got the A/C working again, and I'm still getting used to the idle adjustment when the compressor kicks on at a stoplight. Is it just me, or does it feel like the engine has less power when the A/C is running?

A/c will take power when running so yes it will take off slower ect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts