Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of replacing the stock Head Unit on my Xb, and I figured that for the price of a decent new stereo I might as well just get a dvd unit.
I was checking out E-bay, and there are all these no-name Hong Kong import units for cheap. Do you get what you pay for? or less? or more? Has anyone bought one of these?
Also, has anyone bought an auction for the "wholesale lists" that tell you that you can buy name brand units for dirt cheap?
I'm interested in a double-din unit simmilar to the Alpine IVA-W200 . http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W200

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 din is the size of a cd player deck. 2 din is like the stock xb deck. its twice the size.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
the brave little toaster said:
1 din is the size of a cd player deck. 2 din is like the stock xb deck. its twice the size.
I have officially learned something new today :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about those Hong Kong import ones you see on Ebay though? I looked up the manufacturers and they're legit, but just don't import much the U.S. in a large scale. I really don't want one that performs and feels like the P.O.S. Jensen "Walmart Specials".

·
Registered
352 Posts
u will be getting that or worse. because hong kong has, pioneer, alpine, eclipse, etc. so there is top quality there. this is their walmart, swap meet type of stereo equipment.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Dew said:
I have officially learned something new today :)

And then there is the GMC Din and a half. They just had to be different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes gmc=pos i think everyone needs a scion. as far as the ebay thing yes be really carefull i was gone get one of those from hong kong but its just so much of a risk make sure you research everything and i mean everything people will do anything for money that alpine is nice your looking at but isn't alpine always especially in head units.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the brave little toaster said:
I always wondered what's a 2-din. I'm enlightened. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.