Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have been looking into improving the braking on the xB and was wondering what some of you have done and what was the improvement. Any of you racers have any input I would like to hear it. I know that one easy improvement is to buy better tires and keep the air pressure up. Also the stock wheel are a little narrow and going a little wider with the stock tires would help. I also know that most suspension improvements can help with the braking. I was thinking of going to a better brake pad in the front maybe the green pads from EBC. I will also be replacing the stock rubber brake lines with the Goodridge stainless steel brakelines part number 28001. I think they will fit the later xB's up to 06 but I will have to check to be sure. I will also be replacing the stock brake fluid with the Motul brake fluid, it's one of the best. For those who don't know, brake fluid has a very bad habbit of absorbing moisture and causing several problems. You should replace the brake fluid regularly to keep your brakes working at their best. I would recommend every year or two at the latest. Al

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much improvement did you get? Did you also change the calipers to the 4 piston units? What about the pads? :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Wilwood 13" Rotors....(insert drool smiley here)...i would so make love to those...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd say at least the cross drilled & slotted rotors, and the rear disk brake conversion. but if you got 18s I'd go BBK.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
BBK - is that a big brake kit, or is it a certain company?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
i searched, and there is a company named BBK. Looks like they do every performance part but brakes...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whenever a friend of mine would tell me that he just got new brakes. I would tell him that I never put brakes on my car. All they do is slow you down. LOL

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
I used to drive an 89 Jeep Wrangler. They don't stop well at all. I've been blown away at how much better my toaster's brakes are than the Jeep's. I have the 15" alloys and stock tires. How do the xb's rate compared to other cars as far as stopping?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.