Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i went to a party last night with some friends that i thought i knew really well, so i leave the party and go home. this morning i wake up only to realize that my whole hood and both sides of my xb had multiple multiple key marks. deep enough that there are indentions from where the key marks are... im pissed, i just ordered my lowering springs yesterday and now have to call the company and cancel my order because i have to pay my 250 deductible to get my whole car repainted... it makes me sick to my stomache, why would some idiot feel that he needs to take his aggression out on my box, well anyways i guess everything i wanted to do to my car has to be put on hold now because my car will be in the body shop for atleast a month do to being backed up, and this place is the only shop that my insurance will use, so im screwed.. anyways i just needed to vent some anger, and tell everyone to be careful who you are friends with and make sure you truly know your friends...

Jeremy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know who did it and where he lives and everything, and not to put him down but this guy hardly has a pot to piss in, so theres really no use in doing anything but kick his a$$ and if i do that then i go to jail so i guess you could say im stuck between a rock and a hard place ya know, but like they say what ever you do will come back to you ten fold so we will see what happens

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
THATS WHY YOU ARE INSURED:D TIME FOR A NEW PAINT JOB THEN lowering:rolleyes:
JUST LIKE NEW . I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN BUT IT WAS AN EX:)
WHAT WHY SHE IS AN EX :)
GOOD LUCK :cool:

·
Registered
336 Posts
get someone else to kick his ass
Spend the money that you were going to put toward the paint job and hire 5 16 year olds to pound his skull. And you should go steal his pissing pot.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That is just evil.

It’s good of you to take the high road. In the same situation I’m not sure I could be so . . . mature.

I don’t suppose since you need to have it completely redone you could pick a different color? Any nonstock color always gets a LOT of attention at shows. . . much more so than springs. Silver linings and all that.

·
Scion God
541 Posts
smalltownscionman said:
i know who did it and where he lives and everything, and not to put him down but this guy hardly has a pot to piss in, so theres really no use in doing anything but kick his a$$ and if i do that then i go to jail so i guess you could say im stuck between a rock and a hard place ya know, but like they say what ever you do will come back to you ten fold so we will see what happens
Doesnt Red Cross still pay by the Pint for Blood??

·
Registered
260 Posts
If he does it again, we'll all throw him a beat'n!

Man that does suck, guys like that need to end up in a back alley dumpster somewhere.....oh well, nothing to do but move on and stay positive, next party you go to , you and some freinds should 'set him up' cam and all.

definition of a freind:
is somebody that will help you to hide!

definition of a true freind:
is someone that will help you to hide a body!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
kartel said:
Doesnt Red Cross still pay by the Pint for Blood??
YEA BLOOD RED THATS A GREAT NEW COLOR :cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
sorry to hear about your box...damn haters. he'll get whats coming to him:mad:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Me too

That blows big time. It happened to me at Scion Exposed 2.0...I won Best Xb left and went to Shulas Hotel in Miami.Real high end place. (Don Shula) The parking lot had gates to get in and three gaurds in cars driving around with Mercedes and Jags and Beamers everywhere. The head gaurd says park over here with your trailer under the lights. The next day the whole one side of the car was egged! Tore up the paint on the passengers side post and door,mirror,hood. The camera showed another xb driving by but could not get a plate or anything off of it. They helped me clean the car though before the trip home. Haters are everywhere but usually not in our Scion circles.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Im really surprised something else has not happened to your ride before. The night we met up with you your freinds were driving like a$$es and we thought they were goin to hit you on more than one ocasion. I guess thats part of being young and dumb!!!

smalltownscionman said:

·
Registered
168 Posts
HUH?!?!?? What do you mean its the only body shop the INSURANCE company will use?????

Screw them. You are aware that it's not up to the insurance company aren't you? Take it wherever you damn well choose. Same for the "well, I gotta go get 3 estimates." thing that many people go and do. B.S. You have to get ONE. The one from the shop YOU chose to take it to.

The insurance company has ZERO say so in the matter. Ask your adjuster if he's familiar with the term "insurance steering" (trust me, he is, and being charged with it will scare him to death).

The MOST a company can do is tell you who their "preferred" shops are (which only means those shops have an agreement to charge the company a lower labor rate). They'll give the usual "well, if you don't use a shop in OUR network, we can't gaurantee the work." Which again, is a total crock of crap. Since when is it the insurance's responsibility to gaurantee workmanship, that's the body shop's job. And in reality, the insurance company actually doesn't give a crap about that gaurantee, it's just a sales ploy used to subtly steer you to a particular shop (without actually STEERING you there. which is a very serious offense under state and federal laws.)

Go where you damn well please, if the company retaliates in ANY way, call your state's insurance commissioner.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Pumkin is right!

Take your car wherever you want, just make sure you do not sign over the insurance check untill the car is 100 % !

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
When I had an idiot in an oversized SUV ding my box with her door (while I was in it) her insurance ended up paying for it. I had to go to their recommended shop for the estimate. Which was nicely inflated since they knew that the insurance company was paying. They also added in the cost for an (unneeded by me) rental car. Then I took that check to a shop I know and had him fix the ding. . . and paint a few more things. I can see why they want someone they trust for the estimate, but you should be able to get the actual work done by whoever you want. See if another shop will do it for the same amount. Don’t forget to check into the rental car thing too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.