Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XBLove
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the site for about an hour, but I'm new and maybe I just don't know where to look. But I was wondering if there was any possible way to change the color of the clock and stereo from that orange color (which in my opinion is annoying) to something else. I know about the knob color change, but a friend of mine said there was a DIY thread on here to change the clock and radio color... Have any of you seen this ever???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have seen the clock done, Ill see if I can find it, but the radio I beilve is a lost cause because of the complexity and the simple fact that an after market looks so much cooler for all the work.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think there is a DIY here for the clock and radio, I know that scionlife.com has one. But if you are bad with a soldering iron forget it. The LED's are soldered onto the circuit board and if you mess up then you're eff'd. Although depending where you're at there are people who know how to do it and have done it before.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
If you have the upgraded stereo you can press the "color" button and change the colors....other than that I don't think you can change it.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
I think there are some companies that do mail order on the radio......some may even have ones to exchange them with. The radio is possible but you take it apart and have to solder the new LED's in. I know of people in Detroit, Milwaukee, and Arizona I think that do the swaps.

Sorry not more help.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I can help you with the LED swap if you need. The clock is easy. It takes longer to get the pod out of the car than it does to actually complete the soldering. There are (4) 1106 SMT LEDs under the display that need to be replaced. You can get any LEDs you need here.
If you decide to do this one yourself, remember to order some extra LEDs in case you lose some. They are quite small.
The radio is a bit more time consuming since there are so many LEDs to be changed. The majority of them are 0603 SMT LEDs which are less than a mm long. If you are interested, I have the stock radio from my '06 still laying around. I could switch the LEDs to your choice of colors and then send it to you once it is complete. PM me for pricing and info if you are interested.
If you need any help trying to do these yourself, let me know. I'd be glad to help you any way I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.