Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont own a xb yet, but Im lookin to trade in my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
V8 4.7L with 3" exhuast for a black or white 2005 or 2006 w/manual tranny. Ive just got a question about winter time. How well do these little xb's do in the winter time? I use to own around 3 neons. I either traded them in or sold them. and they did good in the snow. Also are they easy to work on, engine mods, tune ups, engine tear down (if needed to be, but I hope i wont have to) Im use to the 4cly 2.0 engine in neons.

Thanks for your time,
J,j.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
soontohavexb said:
I dont own a xb yet, but Im lookin to trade in my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
V8 4.7L with 3" exhuast for a black or white 2005 or 2006 w/manual tranny. Ive just got a question about winter time. How well do these little xb's do in the winter time? I use to own around 3 neons. I either traded them in or sold them. and they did good in the snow. Also are they easy to work on, engine mods, tune ups, engine tear down (if needed to be, but I hope i wont have to) Im use to the 4cly 2.0 engine in neons.

Thanks for your time,
J,j.
I can't answer from experience since I live in So Cal but I have read posts on here and other sites that the Box's do well in the snow. It's a good idea to take off any aftermarket rims and put the steelies back on though. As far as mods and repairs, easy as pie to work on these beauties. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with a Box.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ive got some almost brand new Blizak snow tires from the neons. They are 14" tires. What size of wheels are on the xb. Im lookin at buying a base model, I'll mod it on my own :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
soontohavexb said:
Thanks, Ive got some almost brand new Blizak snow tires from the neons. They are 14" tires. What size of wheels are on the xb. Im lookin at buying a base model, I'll mod it on my own :)
The stocks steelies are 15 inch.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Real quick!!!!!!! If you are looking into doing things such as intake, I would go with an 05. You cant get and intake for the 06 w/o having probs due to the new carbon based filter just some info for ya ;)
umm problems?

I have a 06 here, along with an Injen short ram intake.

FYI, the Charcoal filter is for emissions in states such as california. Nothing else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just traded in my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2 months ago. I like my like my 06 xB but I miss my Jeep (not when I go to the gas station though). Not sure how they do in the snow. We won't get any here until December at least.

By the way, does anyone known how to remove the shifter on an automatic and/or the handle for the emergency brake?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hayalex6 said:
umm problems?

I have a 06 here, along with an Injen short ram intake.

FYI, the Charcoal filter is for emissions in states such as california. Nothing else.
OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I've been hearing that the ecu wouldn't appreciate it, so it wouldnt make it run like it should. Oh well, learn sumfin new every day :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found a 2005 XB with the performance exhuast that comes has a option. The sales men said its got a greenish color tint to it. The pic i saw looked like a graphite color. its got 16,000 milage. they are asking 16,000$ is it worth it or should I try and talk them down? Its a 5spd manual.

J,j.

·
I'm a chick, yo!<3
447 Posts
i live in the snow belt here in ohio....and in the winter time i had a rental xB just to see if it could hold up where i lived before i bought one. and it DID! i love it in the snow, it handles really good and i can stop a few feet later after sliding for only a few foot....it basically "catches" it's self, but yes it's awesome on ice and in the snow...just leave the stock wheels on it and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.