Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Pure pricing means WYSIWYG. What You See Is What You Get. I used to sell cars and when I bought my XB it was a breath of fresh air NOT to have to deal with the usual B.S. I saw the price, bought it, and have no regrets!! Saturn was the poineer of no-haggle pricing and that is the same as Pure Pricing too.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,213 Posts
scionxb2006 said:
Pure pricing means WYSIWYG. What You See Is What You Get. I used to sell cars and when I bought my XB it was a breath of fresh air NOT to have to deal with the usual B.S. I saw the price, bought it, and have no regrets!! Saturn was the poineer of no-haggle pricing and that is the same as Pure Pricing too.
That just about sums it up! I also sold cars, everything was fine 'til we sat down in the booth! Since Scion's prices are menu-driven, the price is the price wherever you go! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
These guys have hit it pretty darn right. The letter of Pure Price goes like this: The price on the car matches the price on the showroom floor and the price on the dealership's website and that's the price you pay. The same is true of the accessories.

The aim is to be transparent. I actually see this as the wave of the future in automobile pricing (notice the big Chevy, Ford, etc. holiday sales that are "one price").
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
It is just like buying a shirt at a mall, look at the tag and buy it if you like it. No haggle pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Dealer price compared to scion website

I'm in WA state and I've been researching and considering an xB. I like the looks, the mpg, space inside, and the 2006 color line-up is much better. Going to be a hard choice the salsa red pearl or grey mica. I did a little searching and I'm finding some funny results on the pricing. Scion website prices a base model scion: Salsa Red Pearl, 5sp Manual, no options, at $14,030 + $540 for Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. At the dealer they have a used 2005 automatic and they want $16,995 with 28,000 miles on it. Am I going to take my "your scion xB" printout to the dealer and have them laugh and say "we mark those up $3000 hahaha?":eek:

Mercede's did the same thing with their Kompressor coupes when they first came out, advertised them at $23,900, but didn't make enough quantity and dealers were scalping everyone $30K+ for them.

Any imput appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
Nope, it's just that automatics cost more, and used are selling more than new.

Same thing happened with me, there was a used auto on the lot for $1k more then what I bought mine for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
That's really weird about the prices, I don't understand at all. Pay more for an automatic? :confused:
If that's true it's time to let the Turbo Civic go and pick one up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
rkcarguy said:
I'm in WA state and I've been researching and considering an xB. I like the looks, the mpg, space inside, and the 2006 color line-up is much better. Going to be a hard choice the salsa red pearl or grey mica. I did a little searching and I'm finding some funny results on the pricing. Scion website prices a base model scion: Salsa Red Pearl, 5sp Manual, no options, at $14,030 + $540 for Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. At the dealer they have a used 2005 automatic and they want $16,995 with 28,000 miles on it. Am I going to take my "your scion xB" printout to the dealer and have them laugh and say "we mark those up $3000 hahaha?":eek:

Mercede's did the same thing with their Kompressor coupes when they first came out, advertised them at $23,900, but didn't make enough quantity and dealers were scalping everyone $30K+ for them.

Any imput appreciated.

rkcarguy,

You can ask for Salsa Red Pearl with auto and no option (you may have to wait a bit though) and probably get it for list price which is $14830+$540 for handling. I have not seen any new Scion dealer that marks up the price above MSRP for a new car yet. (i could be wrong though...)

Now with the used car on the lot, i do not know what kind of idiot would pay $16,995 for an xB with 28k miles on it but i guess it is all about Econ 101, supply and demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
rkcarguy said:
I'm in WA state and I've been researching and considering an xB. I like the looks, the mpg, space inside, and the 2006 color line-up is much better. Going to be a hard choice the salsa red pearl or grey mica. I did a little searching and I'm finding some funny results on the pricing. Scion website prices a base model scion: Salsa Red Pearl, 5sp Manual, no options, at $14,030 + $540 for Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. At the dealer they have a used 2005 automatic and they want $16,995 with 28,000 miles on it. Am I going to take my "your scion xB" printout to the dealer and have them laugh and say "we mark those up $3000 hahaha?":eek:

Mercede's did the same thing with their Kompressor coupes when they first came out, advertised them at $23,900, but didn't make enough quantity and dealers were scalping everyone $30K+ for them.

Any imput appreciated.

Your answer is as close as your keyboard. Go to the DEALERSHIP'S website. Every Scion dealer is required to post what they are selling their new vehicles and all of their accessories for. That's the main point of the covenant. These prices are NOT required to match Scion.com (although most do). Pay special attention to the documentation fee (also posted somewhere on there) as you will always need to pay that too.

If you don't know the dealership's Scion website, go here: Find a Dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I'm wanting a 5sp manual version, going to have to see the colors before I decide. I hate automatic's never will own one again. I e-mailed a dealer about 1/2 hour away from here, he sent me back a quote for $15,722 out the door(including our piggy state sales tax of 8.3%), for my Base Model xB manual in Salsa Red Pearl. I might try to see if I can get them to toss in a rear spoiler:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Where Do You Live In Wa. State? I Live In Spokane And Just Bought An Xb Sat. Night. Also Remember That The Sales Tax For Cars In Wa. Is 8.75 Not 8.3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I'm in NW WA. Regardless of the percent that is what my total will be. 8.75% is sure rediculous though, especially in a state that does such a poor job at providing a balanced economy to work and live in. Greguire was on TV congratulating herself about balancing the state budget, makes me sick! If they won't toss in a rear spoiler I found some nice carbon fiber ones on ebay.......

Remember I still have to get rid of 2 Civic's before I pick one up, so I won't be posting pics of my new xB for a little bit, although Civic's are pretty much liquid assets these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
rkcarguy said:
I'm in NW WA. Regardless of the percent that is what my total will be. 8.75% is sure rediculous though, especially in a state that does such a poor job at providing a balanced economy to work and live in. Greguire was on TV congratulating herself about balancing the state budget, makes me sick! If they won't toss in a rear spoiler I found some nice carbon fiber ones on ebay.......

Remember I still have to get rid of 2 Civic's before I pick one up, so I won't be posting pics of my new xB for a little bit, although Civic's are pretty much liquid assets these days.
At least you guys don't have state income tax....
I pay 8.75% tax here in Alameda County, Cali AND pay hefty state income tax too!! :mad:

You have a governor? We have the Governator... :D

Anyways, I have 94 Civic with 160k miles on it. Never broke down once nor caused any mechanical issues in the past 11 years. Agree with you on Civic's becoming liquid asset. So many are eyeing on my Civic once i decide to sell'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
Most Scion dealers will NOT "throw in" anything extra for several reasons: (1) It is forbidden by their contract with Scion to do that, (2) the Scion is not overpriced and the dealers don't make a whole lot on each new-car sale, and (3) They really don't have to. In many areas there are more than enough buyers to soak up all the cars they get. :)

I bought mine in Tacoma, and the dealer had a couple xAs, a few tCs, and one used xB when I stopped in to look. I drove the year-old used xB, which was priced well over the cost of a new one, and ordered a new one, which they got from another dealer. The price at Scion.com, on the dealer's web site, posted at the dealer, on the window of my xB, on my order, and on my sales invoice were all identical.

My sales experience there was walk in, drive the used demo for about 4 miles, order my car, and accept delivery when it came in a few days later (yeah, I had to sign a lot of paper, too, but that's expected). A week later I had my new plates on it and the alarm system in it and I was happy. I've enjoyed the little box ever since. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
daramg said:
At least you guys don't have state income tax....
I pay 8.75% tax here in Alameda County, Cali AND pay hefty state income tax too!! :mad:

You have a governor? We have the Governator... :D

Anyways, I have 94 Civic with 160k miles on it. Never broke down once nor caused any mechanical issues in the past 11 years. Agree with you on Civic's becoming liquid asset. So many are eyeing on my Civic once i decide to sell'em.
My Hatch is Turbo'd and very clean, and the 4dr is stock with only 95K on it. I would prefer a state income tax, because state income tax is DEDUCTABLE from federal income tax. I'm also a small business owner, and here we have a business and occupation tax that's really messed up. Basically it's on gross income so someone that sells a service and takes home say $80K/year, will pay less taxes than my business where I turn $200K+ year gross but only take home about $25K.

Anyway enough thread jacking, I figured they wouldn't toss in anything, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
WHAT IS PURE PRICING?
Our goal from the start was to change the conventions of the auto industry. We set out to create an affordable, unique & sophisticated vehicle. We wanted to create a new environment for people to purchase a car in - the kind of place where you're not sold a car, but rather where you would go to buy a car. Simple, straightforward & convenient - that's Pure Price.

Here's how it's done: Scion's Pure Price purchase experience means no haggle, no hassle. The price you pay for all products and services offered equals the dealership's posted and advertised price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
And that's basicly the way it works. :)
(Still need to lose the finance weasels, though... ) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
this was my first car purchase and it was so easy with pure pricing, i got approved for the 2 gs down and financed it, i went in already knowing how much i was going to pay, so it was cake. I love it.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top